What's new

Mario Kart 64 with 4 players - Gamespeed way too fast?

sabrewulf165

I'm justwondering if this problem has been fixed in recent versions of PJ64 or if it's something that is inherent to the game on any emulator:

Whenever I have run Mario Kart 64 with 4 players in the past, all maps become super-accelerated to the point where it's basically impossible to play, and even if you can, it's not very much fun. This problem also affects a few specific maps with 3 players, but with 4 players it affects ALL maps.

Has anyone else experienced and/or successfully remedied this problem?

Christoffah

Out of interest, how are you playing 4 players? Do you have 3 USB gamepads and someone on the keyboard, or something?

pukey

yup, that happens to me too!
with two players only DK raceway is speeded up, when i got 3 or 4 player a whole can of worms opens and moomoo farm was another track that speeds up big-time!
what a shame.

i just donated $10, i would like it to go to the "mario kart speed problem team"

cheers, Luke

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
i had this problem years ago on the real n64...
i dont know what i could have done wrong...
it was not my game... i just borrowed it from a friend. (i prefered diddy kong racing ^^)
all i know is: we played 3 or maybe 4 players battlemode on the skyscraper...
it all was way too fast.

maybe your bug is the same on real n64...

Burnpro

Supar ***
It's an known gitch on the real n64. I got used to it back in the day and it was hella fun playing 4 players specially on bowser castle :).