What's new

Golden Eye - Perfect Dark SKY ISSUE

jojoloner

Hello all,

Just curious if anyone has any news whatsoever regarding resolving the sky issue in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark (it is black in Goldeneye and light blue in Perfect Dark). I have been playing these games for awhile now and everything is perfect except for this...well, it would be cool if the camspy gave you the fisheye effect, but it's still functional how it is.

...Anyway, if anyone has any pointers as to how I could resolve this issue on my own, if there is a fix that I maybe missed, or if one of you thinks it will be resolved in a future plugin/new version of project 64 that you know about, please post here.

Thank you! :pj64:

Knuckles

plugin(s) related bug, the sky in both GE and PD is hard to emulate ,some plugins got it to show but a basic one (simple texture acting weird, and not moving). It worked with a specific version of jabo's video plugin and I think it might partially work with the latest rice's video plugin or glN64.... what happens with most other plugins is that it simply blacks out the sky (you see trails) or put a plain color

This as been pointed multiple time, even Gonetz (Glide64) can't get it to work properly...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
it doesnt work in jabo's except through a hack in one old version, we don't like hacks or recommend that version because it's worse in many other ways, so use the current version and ignore the problem is the advice.
what we do as a workaround in jabo's is use a d3d clear mode to prevent the smearing you get from having something missing like that.

this is explained in the PJ gameFAQ i think.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Rice's video plugin can do the sky [its still with a hack though] but is a lot more cpu intensive than jabo's plugins are.

OP
J

jojoloner

Thanks guys,

See, I keep hearing about this Rice Video plugin and I have tried them without success. ScottJC (or anyone else) could you please provide clear, easy to follow instructions on which Rice plugin version you use, how exactly you installed it and any special menu settings/tweaks you used? I am using a Dell Inspiron 8600, with Radeon Mobility 9600, 1 GB RAM, w/ Pentium M 1.7 ghz by the way.

Thank you

Last edited:

justin023

Dominated Master Quest
Use Rice Video 6.1.0 and no texture enhancement. Default settings seem to work fine.

Last edited: