What's new

Update to Azimar's Audio Plugin 0.55.1 with a Reverse Stero Fix

Ryono

I really like the way Azimar's plugin sounds, but I noticed that various games have the stereo reversed. This bothered me to no end, so I decided to fix it. Here's the updated plugin with the stereo channels where they're supposed to be.
If you find any problems please tell me!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
while I can't say i've ever noticed this problem I can say that any update to this excellent plugin however small is welcome, if it does what it says it should please a few users who feel the same way as you.

Well done.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Ryono said:
I really like the way Azimar's plugin sounds, but I noticed that various games have the stereo reversed. This bothered me to no end, so I decided to fix it. Here's the updated plugin with the stereo channels where they're supposed to be.
If you find any problems please tell me!

You have no idea how much some of us appreciate this. :D

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
ScottJC said:
while I can't say i've ever noticed this problem I can say that any update to this excellent plugin however small is welcome, if it does what it says it should please a few users who feel the same way as you.

Well done.

Really? I found it really obvious in some games... during the opening to Paper Mario, and in battles in the same game, for instance.

xamenus

Wow, thanks for the update. ;) It's nice to see one of the best N64 audio plugins be updated.

btw, it might be useful to release the source code as well, but that's just my opinion. :)

3x3cUt0r

Soul Without Body
every update is greatly apreciated, btw Welcome to EmuTalk, we hope you can enjoy the forums :)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hey, if every new person could enhance such a great plugin, the world would be perfect! Thanks for the work, probably you can add more things?

OP
Ryono

Ryono

This is really my first foray into any kind of emulation. I did have to extensively read and understand Azi's code to figure out just how to solve the stereo problem for all the various audio modes used. I'm gonna get my hands on some N64 audio docs and see what I can do. Any good places to start?

For those who want the source code, here it is.

olivieryuyu

Ryono: PM Azimer he'll be glad to help you a bit i think

for document well i think you can find all n64 docs on dextrose but there is not a lot of documents. there is also the n64 programming manual (not on dextrose and i won't give you any address you understand why) but quite unsure this'll help you.

basically there is one thing that is very annoying with this plugin: the audio take up to 90% of the resource of the emulator, the frame rate of the gfx plugin drop down dramaticly and i think that it killed some game to boot or to have sound.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
This comment was from the not released USF Set of Bust A Move 99...

This USF set does NOT work as of 10-18-2004 in 64th Note v0.07 or earlier
The problem is due to a bug related to Azimer's LLE Audio Plugin v0.55.1 (It's the HLE he's thinking of).

Probably Azi and Ryono could contact the USF devs (and probably the ripper of this set) and could talk with them to find the bug. Then it could be, that azi still remembers his passion to make the perfect N64 Sound plugin (probably with a GUI and lower system res... :p)

/me looks to azi

Poobah

The stereo fix fixed Conker's Bad Fur Day in Project 64, but Bomberman Hero (in either emulator) still has reverse stereo...

Shpongled

News Junkie
I PM'd Azimer about a fix and got no reply... Thanks for this Ryono, great job and I appreciate it. :bouncy:

knowitman

olivieryuyu said:
basically there is one thing that is very annoying with this plugin: the audio take up to 90% of the resource of the emulator, the frame rate of the gfx plugin drop down dramaticly and i think that it killed some game to boot or to have sound.

You need to have a decent sound card for this plugin. You could use Hack's guide to perhaps get better results.

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=18034

Ieremiou

Thank you, Ryono. I've been away for some time doing other things and this fixes Super Mario 64, LoZ:OoT reverse sound with Azimar's original plugin.

Thank you.
/Ieremiou

ggab

Emutalk Member
Thanks for everything Azimer :)

v0.55.1 alpha ROCKS ;) (Zelda's games has perfect sound!)