What's new

Anyway to use a MOUSE or controller?

Assassin X

OK i dont actually own a controller so i have two questions about trying to playn FPS'S.

(1)Is there any way to use a mouse? Will there ever be a way? Like maybe have Boxed Options like:

U,D,L,R [] Check box to use mouse instead

This way you can move around!

(2)What is a good controller? I use to have the Airflo controller and that was cool, what would be a good affordable one?

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah, n-rage's input plugin allows the mouse to be used as a controller, works quite well in goldeneye

OP
A

Assassin X

K im gonna sound like a noob....wait....i am....anyways....Where do i get this plugin? How do i use it? Do i imstall it? AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

OP
A

Assassin X

OK i see i already got the plugin im having one probelm though. When i sart GOldeneye or Perfect dark or any game it says:

Error CReating Mempak

The MEMPak directory doesnt exist

Create Directory...BLAH BLAH BLAH Now?

What does that mean?

Allnatural

Assassin X said:
OK i see i already got the plugin im having one probelm though. When i sart GOldeneye or Perfect dark or any game it says:

Error CReating Mempak

The MEMPak directory doesnt exist

Create Directory...BLAH BLAH BLAH Now?

What does that mean?
Disable RAW mode, unless you plan on swapping mempak saves between emulators.

OP
A

Assassin X

Man ...im beyond a noob. ok. So does that mean if i use the plugin ill be making new saves?

Also so i have the plug in on and goleneye on but i still cant look around with my mouse. What do i do?

Last edited:

WhiteX

configure it at the control tab, click the key you wish to asign and move the mouse accordingly, now at the second tab, there is the mouse sensitivity, adjust it properly for a better FPS experience, it might take some tria and error.

Allnatural

Assassin X said:
Also so i have the plug in on and goleneye on but i still cant look around with my mouse. What do i do?
If you're looking for controls similar to a PC FPS, it's going to take some work. First, you'll need to change the in-game controls (option 4 I think), whichever one sets the analog stick to look mode and the c-buttons to movement. Then you map the analog stick to your mouse (in the plugin). Map the other controls as you wish (movement to WASD on your keyboard, etc.).

After all that you'll need to create a modifier to handle Goldeneye's targeting (R-trigger) mode. Explaining that would take far too much time, so you'll just have to play around and figure it out yourself.

In the end, despite constant tweaking, I've never been able to create a keyboard/mouse control scheme as smooth as a FPS designed for the PC. Your mileage will vary of course...

Last edited:

WhiteX

Allnatural said:
If you're looking for controls similar to a PC FPS, it's going to take some work. First, you'll need to change the in-game controls (option 4 I think), whichever one sets the analog stick to look mode and the c-buttons to movement. Then you map the analog stick to your mouse (in the plugin). Map the other controls as you wish (movement to WASD on your keyboard, etc.).

After all that you'll need to create a modifier to handle Goldeneye's targeting (R-trigger) mode. Explaining that would take far too much time, so you'll just have to play around and figure it out yourself.

In the end, despite constant tweaking, I've never been able to create a keyboard/mouse control scheme as smooth as a FPS designed for the PC. Your mileage will vary of course...

Word!