What's new

Performance Optimization...

probe

I am curious as to what I *can* do to my computer in order to emulate the DC a bit faster... I run Windows XP, and have closed down all unnecessary programs / processes. I have set the emulator to 'High Priority' mode, and have changed my nVidia settings towards 'Performance' (instead of 'Quality'). I don't think that there's much more I can do here.

My main question is, would upgrading my video card help? I currently have a GeForce 4 Mx 440 PCI , so I was considering getting the same card, except AGP... I know that the bus speed on the AGP is way faster, so that should help a little bit, right? I have 480 MB of useable RAM, and a 1.5Ghz P4 processor... I know that my CPU is slow, but I have to use it for now. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated... thank you!!

~probe

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
probe said:
I am curious as to what I *can* do to my computer in order to emulate the DC a bit faster... I run Windows XP, and have closed down all unnecessary programs / processes. I have set the emulator to 'High Priority' mode, and have changed my nVidia settings towards 'Performance' (instead of 'Quality'). I don't think that there's much more I can do here.

My main question is, would upgrading my video card help? I currently have a GeForce 4 Mx 440 PCI , so I was considering getting the same card, except AGP... I know that the bus speed on the AGP is way faster, so that should help a little bit, right? I have 480 MB of useable RAM, and a 1.5Ghz P4 processor... I know that my CPU is slow, but I have to use it for now. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated... thank you!!

~probe
No, updating your card don't work!
Only thing is getting a new processor or down/overclocking the dreamcast one (or your processor, but then only overclocking works!)