What's new

Ikaruga, fps, FB and Sound

AkaBaNaNi

Idiotic Banana
Hiho,

First i want to say that u ARE the BEST ^^
But I've some Questions.
I've seen many Screens of diferent Games but there are Games like RE 3 or Ikaruga or Bust a Move 3000 with big diferences. There are some realy bad screens from RE3 and some awsome screens, why? What have they done that it looks better?
Some have played Bust a Move 3000 with the "FB Button" Enabled. When I try this Dolphin crashes. So waht is "FB" and how can I slow down Bust a Move (Winamp trick didn't work)?
I've see many screens from Ikaruga but Ikaruga wont start on my PC X.x It shows only a black screen with no fps :/ is there a solution?
I'm a big RPG Fan so I wanted to try Peper Mario 2 but it wont start either :/ It shows the Error "Unknown DSP UCode - forcing AX" and then comes many "Unknown AX Command..." Errors. What am i doing wrong?
And finaly when will be a sound plugin ready to download?

thx

(Sorry for my bad english but I'm Swiss)

Last edited:

jareg

Just A Guy
Your doing nothing wrong if you get this error with Paper Mario 2 its a teaser you know a try out :canadian:
And the Ikaruga you problably have a bad dump of the game,and about RE3 well when you check the Show some statistics in the GFX plugin options then you might see some better gfx with some game :)

And about the sound plugin just wait for the next release and we will find out :whistling

Knuckles

the Winamp trick isn't working for me anymore either, it was working fine when I was on a 1800+ and a GF4MX, but not with a GFX5700 and 3000+, it's simply useless.

For the different quality of the screens you saw it's because most games are using Pixel Shader for colors in multi places,on older cards that doesn't suports any Pixel Shader , instead of color, it simply will be in black and white.

About Ikagura, I have no idea, I have it but I have the same problem as you on both the Teaser and the Beta. The version I have was shrinked when I got it, might be why.

For Paper mario 2, not all games are yet supported on Dolphin, there are some more on the beta but not a huge part of them.

For a sound plugin, don't ask, wait and you'll see when one will be available, plugin specs are going to be released on next version so people will be able to make video/audio/input/DVD plugins for Dolphin in the future.

jareg

Just A Guy
Knuckles said:
For a sound plugin, don't ask, wait and you'll see when one will be available, plugin specs are going to be released on next version so people will be able to make video/audio/input/DVD plugins for Dolphin in the future.

Cool :)

OP
A

AkaBaNaNi

Idiotic Banana
thx for the fast answers

I think I've a strong PC that can handle with Pixel Shader but how can I enable it? In my GFX settings ind Dolphin I hvae only a few options all others I can't use, I don't know why.

Knuckles

since you have a Radeon 9800XT, it's on by default, you can't really "disable" the Pixel Shader , so it should look nice for you. if it doesn't , I dunno what's the problem.

Lemming4Life

Lost Wanderer
Knuckles said:
About Ikagura, I have no idea, I have it but I have the same problem as you on both the Teaser and the Beta. The version I have was shrinked when I got it, might be why.

i had a similar problem with another game, which was was shrinked when i got it. it gave me a blackscreen till i shrinked the shrinked gcm with dolphin (weird thing). after doing this the gcm boots for me, also the file was a little bit bigger than before(about 5mb),
maybe this works for Ikaruga too :whistling

OP
A

AkaBaNaNi

Idiotic Banana
i had a similar problem with another game, which was was shrinked when i got it. it gave me a blackscreen till i shrinked the shrinked gcm with dolphin (weird thing). after doing this the gcm boots for me, also the file was a little bit bigger than before(about 5mb),
maybe this works for Ikaruga too
ah thx now ikaruga works ^^ but something is weird... i've shrinked ikaruga but now its bigger than the old file X.x

JinXD

AkaBaNaNi said:
ah thx now ikaruga works ^^ but something is weird... i've shrinked ikaruga but now its bigger than the old file X.x
Yeah, I've had similar results from using the shrinker. I've seen one of my gcms grow by nearly 100mb after "shrinking" it!!

It will be gone in the next release anyway....