What's new

Entry Point Not Found Error

BloodTide

Hi there people... got a small problem that I cannot seem to get around. Hopefully someone out there can help me out a bit??

this is my Error...

"The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSectionGlobal could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

If theres ANYONE out there that can give me some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. The program will not even load...

Thanx again in advance

OP
BloodTide

BloodTide

Umm.. lets see here... 2.2 GHZ Processor, 256MB DDR RAM, ATI 7500 Video...

not sure what it is all that ya need bro... theres the bassics... dont think these specs would have anything to do with the KERNEL error... rather than the Operating system though...

but any help is good thanx man...

OP
BloodTide

BloodTide

Ok... I read the other thred... and did everything in there... and I went last night and ran a FULL update for winXP Pro... and Im still getting the same thing... I do have a DDRAW.DLL in my folder... cause it will not recognise it any other way... if I take it out like Nightmare said to do... it will just change errors to not finding a DDRAW.dll....

Any other Ideas??

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
BloodTide said:
Ok... I read the other thred... and did everything in there... and I went last night and ran a FULL update for winXP Pro... and Im still getting the same thing... I do have a DDRAW.DLL in my folder... cause it will not recognise it any other way... if I take it out like Nightmare said to do... it will just change errors to not finding a DDRAW.dll....

Any other Ideas??

??? how it could be possible ? dx 9.0b put this .dll file on windows/system32 repertory, i think...
your directx 9.0b is not installed correctly...

OP
BloodTide

BloodTide

Ok.. Ive reinstalled DirectX 9.0b... and rebooted countless times... WITH and W/O the DDRAW.dll inside the chancast folder.... is there a spacific directory that Chankast needs to be in by chance??? I have the folder on my desktop...

Thanx

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
BloodTide said:
Ok.. Ive reinstalled DirectX 9.0b... and rebooted countless times... WITH and W/O the DDRAW.dll inside the chancast folder.... is there a spacific directory that Chankast needs to be in by chance??? I have the folder on my desktop...

Thanx

no, chankast doesn't need any specific directory... just be sure there is only chankast files and the bios files in this directory...

OP
BloodTide

BloodTide

Well what do ya know.... I got it workin... FINALLY... thanx for your help... only thing is that everything runs slow as hell... I got a 64 MB vid card.. figure thats the problem... ATI 7500... its wierd though... playing games like MVC2, CVS2... the menus and stuff runs perfectly fine...and the intros too... but soon as it goes into the game... it slows down to like 12-15 FPS.... so its like massive slo mo.... there anything I can do bout this??? I Did the overclock thing with the + and - keys... that didnt do much o'nothin... and I set the priority to above normal with the Capcom hack... anything Im missing?

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
BloodTide said:
Well what do ya know.... I got it workin... FINALLY... thanx for your help... only thing is that everything runs slow as hell... I got a 64 MB vid card.. figure thats the problem... ATI 7500... its wierd though... playing games like MVC2, CVS2... the menus and stuff runs perfectly fine...and the intros too... but soon as it goes into the game... it slows down to like 12-15 FPS.... so its like massive slo mo.... there anything I can do bout this??? I Did the overclock thing with the + and - keys... that didnt do much o'nothin... and I set the priority to above normal with the Capcom hack... anything Im missing?

no, your settings and hardware are correct, you should have 40 to 60+ fps in game with a p4 cpu, and a better frame rate with an amd...
do you have a celeron ? it could be the problem...

OP
BloodTide

BloodTide

yeah.. its a 2.2 Celeron.... even a 2.2 would give you problems with frame rate??? wtf... that doesnt make any sence... but like I said... it runs fine till I get "in game"... odd... know of anything I could do?