What's new

Banjo-Tooie Bug? (minor spoilers)

straight

I've been playing Banjo-Tooie and in Pteradactyl Land you're supposed to get rid of the armored cavemen by shooting a little robot bird behind their backs and blowing them up in their exposed rear.

When I try to do this, it doesn't work. In fact it seems like there's an invisible force field around the caveman's butt. I try to manuver the robot right behind him but it's like the hitbox for the model is much larger than it should be. The robot stops as if it's bumping into the caveman, but it's not as close as you can usually get to other characters/objects in the game. I've tried blowing it up dozens of times from all different angles behind the caveman without success.

Am I doing something wrong in-game? Or might this be a bug?

(I've been playing with Glide64 on my Voodoo3 card, but I tried it with Jabo's D3D and had the same problem.)

xamenus

Hmm, and to think that Banjo-Tooie's rated E and not M for showing a caveman's butt, lol :teehee:

Could you attach a savestate, so I could take a look at it? I'll try it with Rice's Video 5.6.0.

OP
straight

straight

IceFox38 said:
Hmm, and to think that Banjo-Tooie's rated E and not M for showing a caveman's butt, lol :teehee:

Could you attach a savestate, so I could take a look at it? I'll try it with Rice's Video 5.6.0.

Do you mean a little .eep file? Or do you want one of the big .sav files? I think those are too big to attach (1.7 MB for B-Tooie).

Lizking

no, he means a savestate

when youre at the point where the problem occurs, hit F5. then go to the directory where your saves go (default is \1964\save) and there will be a file named [gamename][somenumbersandletters].sav0. thats what he wants.

OP
straight

straight

Lizking said:
no, he means a savestate

when youre at the point where the problem occurs, hit F5. then go to the directory where your saves go (default is \1964\save) and there will be a file named [gamename][somenumbersandletters].sav0. thats what he wants.

That's what I thought he wanted. But, as I said, that's 1.7 MB, which I think is too big to attach to a thread (I tried, and got an error message).

xamenus

Are you putting it in a zip file first? Try that then post it. Or you can post an eep file if you want. :) Just make sure it's zipped or rar-ed.

OP
straight

straight

Here you go. Sorry to take so long.

Go to Dinosaurland, shoot a clockwork egg behind a caveman, and try to blow up his butt. Tell me if it works.

xamenus

Hmm, you're right. It doesn't work. However, I tried it in Project64 1.5 and it does work. I used PJ's default plugins, Service Pack 1, and Clements' Unofficial SP1 update. I guess this a bug that schibo and Rice need to look into.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
I played Banjo-Tooie with Jabo's Direct3D6 1.51 on 1964 0.8.5*, and I was able to do everything except get the last Cheato page from Canary Mary in Cuckoo Cloudland...

*0.9.9 crashed way too much on my system to play B&T using it.