What's new

CXBX Now plays a commercial game

Stezo2k

S-2K
Thats right folks, after a fairly long wait, cxbx is finally playing an xbox game, turok evolution, and is running full speed, apparently this game can run up to 4 times the speed of the original xbox.

CXBX is an XBOX emulator for PC, due to it being very similar to PC hardware, various techniques have been used to emulate the console, without true emulation.

The screenshots are definatly real, with one showing a wireframe effect on the game, and the game is emulated well, apparently water effects etc are not emulated yet.

screenshots:

http://www.caustik.com/cxbx/

edit: I had to check the video on the site too, and belive me, the game runs really smooth, and there is bearly any loadtimes :) and the graphical errors are easy to spot (e.g the water is dark blue instead of light blue) and very few missing pixels, keep up the good work guys :D

Last edited:

khanmeister

Banned
No kidding. It looks great. Now we wait for a commercial game playable in ps2... :)

wtg caustik et al!!!

Great, now I have to find a list of good xbox games.... *sigh* My work is never over.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
Nighty0 said:
Anyone have the CVS code compiled here?

I need to play....... :p

i wish mate, oh well :)

wouldn't really matter that much to me though, bought an xbox last month, and i am well pleased with it :)

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
I watched the video at last I had loads of problems then I relised the problem I dont have codec

Geoz

De Master
Oh well i am going to start dumping into XISO soon then...
Does the game run from a normal ISO or does it need to be GDF'ed?
Ahh what the hell ill find out soon enough.
GC emulation can play real games too i think, i am sure of it.
Keep up the good work!

Geoz

De Master
No you cant use an Xbox disc. PCs cant read it cos its dual layer 9 and burnt from outside-in.
You have to create ISOs of the disc but i dont know if it has to be a true Xbox ISO (XISO) or just an ISO.