What's new

Reputation???

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I was browsing the memberlist when suddenly I noticed a thing called reputation? Now it seems self explanetary but I question what it is and why it is there???

Lex

This is a function from vbulletin 3, you can add to someones reputation by pressing that R next to the edit button.

Remote

Is it possible to add / withadrawn to my own reputation? Ex, if I say something and then don't agree... :p

Martin

Administrator
Remote said:
Is it possible to add / withadrawn to my own reputation? Ex, if I say something and then don't agree... :p
No :p

But you can disable the reputation function, if you don't want people to rate you.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
As always with these rating things I prefer them disabled since you will always get a idiot abusing the system. Of course Alexa should be forced to use the repuation system ;)

alexa999

Banned
vampireuk said:
As always with these rating things I prefer them disabled since you will always get a idiot abusing the system. Of course Alexa should be forced to use the repuation system ;)
I got it on. :plain:

zorbid

And how does the rating work? When someone agrees you get one point, when someone disagrees you lose one?

Martin

Administrator
zorbid said:
And how does the rating work? When someone agrees you get one point, when someone disagrees you lose one?

Yes, that's exactly how it works. Well, for members. When an admin agrees you get 10 points, when an admin disagrees you lose 10 points. Not very fair, I'll change that. 1 point for every rating, regardless of who gives it. Also, I don't know what the vBulletin team was thinking with these default values (view attachment). To get one step higher, 50 members would have to agree and none disagree. It's stupid, I'll change the values. :)

Martin

Administrator
User CP, it's on the main page there. It says latest reputation received and after that your total. :)