What's new

For immediate testing

schibo

Emulator Developer
Only download this if you have the problems listed below in 1964 0.8.4 and you wish to give feedback. Please try the attachment and let us know in this thread if it solves your problem or problems. Thank you.

This patch is the 1964.exe only! You will need 1964 0.8.4 files first from http://1964emu.emulation64.com.

Beta file updated September 22, 2002 11:59 PM GMT-5

The latest issues:
=============
- Fixes for processor-specific code. If you have freezing issues in 1964 0.8.4 where games (like Mario and Zelda) can't start at all. AMD K6-2 (possibly other processors) didn't like the way i used prefetcht0.

Cheats:
- Fixes cheat code window crash
- Fixes cheat codes so that some actually work. But note that activating some cheats can cause game freezes and lost saves!
- Cheats disabled on startup to prevent probs. Cheats are still buggy.

iq_132

Banned
0.8.5?!!!
Must have been a pretty big amount of processor specific code to change it to .8.5!!!
OH, and I see you recompressed '64 :)

Flash

Technomage
Everything seems fine, i've tested 87 roms. All working with most plugins.
It's faster.
Thanks, schibo.

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
great, thanks Flash. cooliscool said it fixed his problem as well.
Flash: Did you have the problem before this patch ?

NavEMU

There is a problem in the ROM configuration which prevented Aerogauge from running: the EEPROM size should not be zero, or the game will report "cannot find backup memory".
After the fix all the games works. So far so good.

iq_132

Banned
With jabo's 1.5, the uncompressed one has almost exactly the same fps as the compressed one. With Jabo's 1.2 the uncompressed one is a bit faster (like 3fps).

Definitely a great time for 64 emulation!!!!

Flash

Technomage
schibo said:
great, thanks Flash. cooliscool said it fixed his problem as well.
Flash: Did you have the problem before this patch ?

0.8.4 ran only one game : Star Soldier Vanishing Earth (U) [!], when i've
tried other games i've got only black screen with fps going to zero and "E" in
lower right corner.

Patched (compressed and uncompressed) work fine and ~20% faster than 0.8.3 or 0.7.3.)

I've tried with Jabo's D3D6 1.5 and Glide64 0.253 (got lightspeed in Super Smash Bros. with this :) ) Daedalus work too. Good job :1964:

Stezo2k

S-2K
wow! this is awesome, i thought the other release was better but WOW!

I tried posting b4 (i was the 1st one to download the update) and my post was gone :(

oh well

Stez

ra5555

N64 Newbie
This is Great thnx again schibo :)

:1964: :1964: :1964: :1964: :1964: :1964: :1964: :1964: :1964: :1964: :1964: :1964: :1964: :1964:

iq_132

Banned
The cheats don't seem to work with Mario64 (U) (!)...
Maybe I'm stupid.

PS. The 1964 website seems to be down.