What's new

new 1964?

Trotterwatch

Is it on the 1964 page? Is it on this site? Has there been an announcement regarding its release?

Well there is your answer :)

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
98 posts he is no newbie
I seem to remember about 6 weeks ago schibo said it would be a fortnight!!! It is obviously been put back so I would give him the benefit of the doubt!
I worry about this forum getting too mean!!!!!!! On any bad requests!!!

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
what in the fuck does post count have to do with anything? that's the lamest shit i've ever heard. you ask for a new release, you're a fackin n00b. :plain2:

swarmster

Actually...

He isn't begging for a new release, he just asked if it's out. Maybe lazy, but not necessarily a newbie.

I'd suggest you start reading posts, n00b. Engeljaeger pointed it out as well.

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
Hmm....well, to the starter of this post, I think you should just be patient, you will see that the new version of 1964 will be released either on 1964's homepage or any other emu site. So instead of posting about if its out yet, just check the sites, if nothing is posted about the new version of 1964 then its not out yet.

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
I worry about this forum getting too mean
I totally agree. This really is stopping becoming a DISCUSSION forum. So many people are pissed off. Its just games people so chill out!! My god every time i read a thread there are people rudely answering simple questions thinking that they have the right to be so rude! No one is better than anyone else....forget your post counts. This forum is meant to help people and share the enjoyment of N64 emulation. I think people forget that.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I admit I am a n00b to this forum and N64 emulation for the most part, but have been hanging around emulation itself for about 7 years now. One thing I have never figured out in all that time

Why, If you hate these type of posts so much, do any of you old timers bother to give them the time of day by replying?

Hitman

I have to say this as its been on my mind since i started reading posts here... There are many people out there that really are noobs (as some of you call them). Some people may only have just got their first PC and are new to forum etiquette etc... There are way too many people in this forum eager to jump down someones neck simply for asking a "noobie" question.
I know the same questions over and over again get boring, and i also know that the answers are usually only an FAQ or search away, but the "noobs" don't !
I've been extremely quiet in these forums due to this fact, and i'm starting to feel like i should start answering the "noob" questions in the fashion that some of you lot should be.
If you are leet and the question is too simple for you, or you are not gonna answer the noobie question then don't post anything ! Theres usually someone that will answer it, and they'll probably do it nicely...

Some of you need to chill out and get outside in the fresh air a little more...

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
yeah...I think so too...I mean...it's sounds like we have VERY limited space for this board...so every "not that important" thread kinda limits it more and more...
I dont think so...

karth95

Lord of the Cats
In all honesty, what are we gonna talk about without the dumb questions and wierd answers? Is there really so much to talk about with n64 emulation, at least until a new ver. comes out? the PJ boards are rocking now that there is a new version out. I am willing to bet that there will be all new problems, and all new solutions for 1964 once the next one comes out, and I imagine that will liven this place up a bit. I just don't think that people should be stomped on for asking questions unless it was just answered yesterday. (unless it's "where do I find romz?" in which case they deserve a good kicking.) It's hard to imagine from the experience most of us have using computers that there ever was a day we first opened the box and were like, what the heck do I do with this thing? (for some of us, there wasn't ever a day like that, and that's great, but it doesn't mean everyone thinks that way.)
Well, here's to something new to talk about....

Riven

Maybe a sticky "newz about next version" where "authorized" people can post news about new versions will calm the other threads about it. Think about it, only one thread that everybody can visit and no more requests of information (in an ideal world :p).
As authorized people I want to say betatesters, emucoders, newsposters....
Maybe that noobz will ask less about new versions..... maybe :eek:

jollyrancher

First of all, it's obvious why emu authors hate people always asking when the next release is... because they don't know! As with almost anything, you can think you're almost done and then something has to be completely redesigned because it's conflicting with something else. However, that being said, there does seem to be this exaggerated level of secrecy in these forums, especially compared to MAME where there's some "WIP update" every other day. There have been N64 emulators that mentioned some new release in the near future, only for 9 months or so to go by without even a single remark... and this only needlessly gets people's hopes up. So communication=good, whining, begging, dumb question= bad.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
There is one problem with communication in the 64 Emu scene. Remember the announcement that Lemmy is quitting Nemu? Well, there were a ton of requests or near requests that they just release the source code "as is". That's not good. It could cause crashes, hangs, whatever that the author can debug, but joe average can't handle. I really can't imagine that people around here would be like, "I understand, and I'll wait for the release" they'd be like, Oh, a feature or compat conflict and the re-write will take a month with testing and coding? I want a beta/code release/bug ridden vers/whatever NOW!" .