What's new

emulation speed

nudetothis

I agree that it would be nice to be able to set a frame limit of choice, but I think it would be not more than just a novelty. I'd probably enjoy it immensely for 5, maybe even 10 minutes.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
nudetothis said:
I agree that it would be nice to be able to set a frame limit of choice, but I think it would be not more than just a novelty. I'd probably enjoy it immensely for 5, maybe even 10 minutes.
I, as well as most others, find it completly unneccesary. And so has it been for almost all the time I've been here.
Just live with it.

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
ouch thats a bit negative isnt it?
the reason i asked was because some games on other emulators (gt2 on PSXe for instance) run much smoother and are much more playable at 70fps rather than 50 or 60.im sure there are more than a few n64 games that would benifit from a this small hike in frame rate

LD.

*poke*
It might appear to run smoother, but the sound would be really choppy (is that the right word?). But if you're desperate, I think 1964 has an option for you to set your own framerate. Not sure though.

Although why you'd even want to is beyond me...

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
dude, just turn the damn frame limiter off,
along with synch audio.
boost your self a copy of FzeroX (U)
and bench that sheeeeit.

i got it smokin at 139fps (w/30 cars on screen)
played it for hours like that, but then i vomited from all the beer i chuggd. oops all over my damn keyboard too ;) good thing it still works.

Last edited:
OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
lol thats is funny i think ill have to try that. thats kindof over the top though. i only mean by a few frames (70 as apposed to 60) it works very well with other emulators. anyway i not too bothered about the sound - its choppy anyway so most of the time i turn it off

Doomulation

I see no reason, either to implent such a thing. In ePSXe, a good thing to use it for was the MDecs (The movies) which wouldn't run at right speed on 50 VI/s.

But I see no such need on n64, and I think it's pretty pointless.

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
are you telling me that these games arnt more playable at higher frame rates and you dont see the point? have you tried gt2 at 50fps? its rediculously slow. wack it up to 70 and its a totally different game.
i think only racing games would benifit from this with the possible exeption of pd and GEye

Last edited:

Kmieciu4eveR

hey dude edit the .ini file with your notepad, find the right game and edit the line
Max FPS=60
to whatever u wish
the strange part is, that while it works in windowed mode (u can see the number on fps at the bottom), when i switch to full screen i get ~35 fps (with "fraps" utility). Tried transfer memory/double/triple buffer.

I`ve got TB 1.4Ghz Geforce3 @220/500 256MB ram PC140

Doomulation

james.miller said:
are you telling me that these games arnt more playable at higher frame rates and you dont see the point? have you tried gt2 at 50fps? its rediculously slow. wack it up to 70 and its a totally different game.
i think only racing games would benifit from this with the possible exeption of pd and GEye
Yes, I'm telling you that I find it very unneccesary.

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
yeah i get the same thing with fraps.strange that.but anyway cheers for that tip ill try it now

Last edited: