What's new

RDB Wip-The Ressurection

Some finds while I was sitting and enjoying my wonderful,
marvelous,fantastically miserable life.Here it goes:
War Gods,after 2 minutes of play(or was it 1.59),it crashes with a
nasty out of registers error.So to become playable,register caching must be disabled.
Getter Love(what a wonderful game:inlove: )isn't playable cos ingame it crashes with an unhandled r4300i opcode(ofcourse no fix for this:( )
Ready to Rumble 2 isn't really playable cos it randomly freezes either after an end of a fight or in the gameover screen.I've tried
to feed it with protect memory but still no luck.If I remember right
though,1.2 video was running this without problems,so maybe this is the solution.I'll try it and I'll post back.
And one minor for the end...
in All Star Tennis the menus are fine so it doesn't need the "/menus" comment.

Show is over...:p

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i played a few rounds of war gods, seems fine
tennis, that's the portraits.. should probably say that instead

Smiff said:
i played a few rounds of war gods, seems fine
Are you sure about that?Cos I just checked it again and I got the same results:
register caching on-crash(out of registers)after a little bit ingame or in demo.
R.C. off-it plays fine.

returno

War Gods: "Map_GPR_8bit / Out of registers" after about 6 minutes of play for me. (Six minutes of getting butt-kicked by the first monster, in case that matters :)

returno said:
War Gods: "Map_GPR_8bit / Out of registers"
Thanx for the confirmation.

Also another game,NFL Quarterback Club 2001 isn't playable.Although the intro and the menus are fine,when you trying to get ingame the screen stays black.I tried excibition in all
stadiums and the same thing happens.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
64ultramaniac said:

Thanx for the confirmation.

Also another game,NFL Quarterback Club 2001 isn't playable.Although the intro and the menus are fine,when you trying to get ingame the screen stays black.I tried excibition in all
stadiums and the same thing happens.

seems fine

Are you using 1.5b1 with the last RDB's default settings and playing in excibition mode?(QBC2001)

What about the other games that I mention?

Ok as it seems QBC2001 is a very timing sensitive game.It worked
ingame after all for me but what I found is that the most times it
works(I'm talking about ingame) is the first time you play the game.The second time and above when you reload the game it almost never works.When you trying to get ingame it stays in a black screen while the frames are running.Anyway here is a ss from the all stars stadium(exhibition mode)

There is another thing I found about Ohzumou 64.With 1.4 plugin
ingame it doesn't show the button icons that you should pressing
in order for your fighter to make the right moves,making the game very hard to play.But with 1.3 video plugin it does show these icons.Also there are some other advantages with 1.3,like
the menus are appearing the way they should be and also ingame the video fills the whole screen.Thus,I think that 1.3 video
should be recommended for this game.Here is a ss using Jabo's
1.4 video.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
I have something to add. WWF War Zone has a problem ingame. Whenever I fought outside of the ring, it started blurring up. Does anybody else get this problem? BTW, you can use force depth enable to get rid of the problem. Here's a pic of the problem before using depth enable.

Roadsters Trophy(E),on the RDB it's set to protect memory.Well I
found that works fine on check memory & cache so it doesn't need
protect memory.Except from the little speed increase this also solves and the "pauses" that the game had with protect memory,
which is very good news indeed.

And now one really nasty error on the rdb. - j/k.
On Namco Museum 64 there are 2 lines of "large compile buffer".I
know it doesn't matter,but I had the need to say something:p

Just a new one,in NBA Jam 2000 although the sim mode plays fine
the jam mode doesn't play well at all.When you get ingame the screen freezes but as you can hear from the sound the actual game is running normally,really funny.So no jam mode.
Here is a ss showing the freezing screen...