What's new

have nVidia fixed aniso filtering in their drivers yet?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
in the current driver version, is aniso available in PJ vid plug? want to know whether to stay with 21.83 after reinstalling.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Umm, Yes I had it working with the latest drivers if I forced it on with NVMax or NVTweak. However the Anistrophy detection in Jabo's plugin still doesn't work with them cause the check box is still greyed out. I'm not currently using those drivers, but I'm pretty sure it worked.

EDIT: I remember now that I could only get it to work with the very latest version of NVMax (4.01.00). I think they changed the registry key that held to Anistrophy settings in the last driver version.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It works in the newest drivers on gf4. However, though, the second setting that maxes it out (if I'm right?) is still greyed out.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
that's one hell of a sig. doomulation.

so eagle can you tell me what's a good set of drivers, or is that a stupid Q. i should move this somewhere else.

Download the 32.20 detonators here!
You'll be impressed by the super high performance anisotropic filtering that nvidia managed to squeeze out of their drivers after their really hard work:p Enjoy!

NVIDIA forever!

Pzycho

That link U gave there 64ultramaniac you cant download shit in there... ??? and by the way there are no 32.20 available... so what you talking about ??

Squall Leonhart

The Reluctant Hero
Anisotropic Filtering is a type of anti-alising where the image is smoothened out by combining the 6 or 8 (don't remember) nearest texels. The image looks smoother.

Tito13KFM

I'm pretty sure he meant that as some kind of joke.. it wasn't funny.. but just to let everybody know.. as far as I know..
the latest nvidia detonator drivers are 29.42 beta's.

they give me about a 200-300 point increase in 3dmark2001 even after stepping down the overclock on my card (never like trying new drivers under my current super stressed settings, geforce 2 GTS o/ced to 240/300, no special cooling.. let's just say it's hot.)

Slougi

Aniso filtering has always worked if forced, however detection in jabo's plugin works only in drivers up to 21.85. (Or 21.83? I always forget)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yes but if you force it, you get it even for things that aren't supposed to be filtered AT ALL (not just for things that app requests are bilinear filtered), i found. maybe that's changed. I was using RivaTuner.

Slougi

Hmm, I never really used it, the performance hit on my gf2mx was too great. Never paid attention to that.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i see 29.42 is out (official). what are you people with Win2k using to set your refresh rates? PStrip would be ok but im not paying $30 to avoid 60Hz...

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah but i don't use every leaked set of drivers (i like using my computer instead).