What's new

JFG missing characters?

6tree

I wonder if all chars should be in use after the first Mizar beating in the pyramid. I have only Lupus and the problem is it can't access every area to find every space ship part. Some places can be reached with cheats but for example diving is impossible and there is at least one door that Lupus can't open. Anyone else has miising chars? How is it on real system?

OP
6tree

6tree

Patched (U) of course. What I have read it's not possible to advance very far in kiosk version. I have tried the all characters cheat but it may only work in the start of the game.

The last two questions are most important to me
Anyone else has missing chars? How is it on real system?
They would answer if there is another copy protection issue or whatever. However, I might try another method completing the game with cheats.

Strider4102

I have this exact problem with the Jet Force Gemini (U) [f1] rom. Perhaps Dextrose missed something with their hack? If only I could get my saved game from my cart onto my computer to check if anything is wrong in my pj64 save...

diz

You should have all three characters long time before first battle with Mizar. To start the battle, in original you need to enter with all 3 characters to this big piramid. After battle you should still have all three chars to choose from. Yes, I think it could be another copy protection from RARE (clever guys, huh :D).

Better buy original, it's awesome game and there are some bugs with emulation like: not emulated Lupus night googles, slowdown when standing near the waterfall, and maybe more (I didn't played it too long on emu)

Nokturne

to your 2 questions...
#1 = nope, been fine throughout so far (haven't quite gotten to the end on an emu yet)
#2 you should have all 3 characters with upgrades after the mizar fight.

Don't know if you were... but maybe using cheats let you skip important parts to the game, screwin up somethin in the game order? Thats just a theory there... hehe... i don't know.

OP
6tree

6tree

Thanks for responses. So Jet Force Gemini seems to be impossible to finish normal way with emulators. I'll try if it's possible to collect the space ship parts with help of cheats before Mizar fight and advance that way. But I'll have problems if all characters are needed in the space ship whatever then happens. When I have some time I'll give it a try.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
but the guy who figured out to use the [f1] version (not LaC, the guy who first posted screenshots of it working in pj) posted screenshots of JFG in the latter part of the game.

Nokturne

Well.. guess i didn't say it clearly, but i had all 3 characters after the mizar fight on pj64... i just quit at the finding ship parts... game gets uber boring afterwards, so i don't know if there's any problems at the very end