What's new

Corn Problem

alexa999

Banned
How come when i'm playing mario 64 in Corn 0.29, mario goes in a certain direction without me pressing anything? Is this a bug in corn or a bug in the n64? Or mabye even a bug in the rom?:ermm:

Last edited:

Nemo

Master Sporksman
Is the rom shown as Mario 64 (U) [!] ? I've never used Corn, so I don't know if it uses GoodNames or not, if not check it with GoodN64. If it's a good rom (Not necessarily the (U) one, or even a [!] one, but so long as it's recognized and not an [o] or , see GoodCodes.txt)

Are you holding a button while you start it? I know this sounds stupid, but maybe pressing an arrow while hitting enter on the ROM selection screen? I know the N64 calibrates the analog stick on bootup, and I assume the emulators do the same (Or actually, I think it's coded in every game for bootup and on L+R+Start) Try pressing L+R+Start, if you can't press those three buttons at the same time on your keyboard, try mapping them further apart.

L=q
R=p
Start=Space

Or something like that, but I know on a lot of (all?) keyboards you can't press more than a few keys in a region without it thinking you are pressing an extra key or none at all. I can't remember why anymore, blocking/ghosting/whatever. Hope this helps.

Flash

Technomage
WinXP can't run on 4mb anyway ;-)
Even NT 4.0
Even ripped to absolute minimum WinXP will kill your HDD with eternal swapping on 64Mb of RAM.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Flash said:
WinXP can't run on 4mb anyway ;-)
Even NT 4.0
Even ripped to absolute minimum WinXP will kill your HDD with eternal swapping on 64Mb of RAM.

It *CAN* run on 4MB, if you have a very high quality hard drive.

My point is, it will NOT install on a 386 no matter what you do. A 386 literally isn't capable of running Windows XP.

A friend of mine from the ZSNES board had XP running faster than 98SE with sufficient tweaking on a Pentium Classic, 75MHz, with 64MB RAM... but he couldn't get XP to install at all on a 486.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Corn hasn't been updated in at least *checks watch* 5-6 years... its pretty much dead, if there is such an issue it would most likely be never fixed... this has never happened to me;

I used to be corns biggest fan too...

Kahenraz

Tagrineth said:

My point is, it will NOT install on a 386 no matter what you do. A 386 literally isn't capable of running Windows XP.

A friend of mine from the ZSNES board had XP running faster than 98SE with sufficient tweaking on a Pentium Classic, 75MHz, with 64MB RAM... but he couldn't get XP to install at all on a 486.

How the heck did he manage that?!!

Flash

Technomage
Tagrineth said:

It's possible to run Unreal 2 on 16mb that way... isn't it playable ? :)

Sure. NT4 is last NT4 version which works on 386.

It requires Pentium-specific instructions or it's just installer lock ? Like 98SE will refuse to install with 8Mb of ram but it works with 8Mb...
It's interesting... What if just copy installed system to another drive and boot ?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Flash said:
It requires Pentium-specific instructions or it's just installer lock ? Like 98SE will refuse to install with 8Mb of ram but it works with 8Mb...
It's interesting... What if just copy installed system to another drive and boot ?

Pretty sure it's case 1, requiring instructions that the 486 can't execute.

Normally XP's installer locks if you try to install it on a Pentium Classic, so it's cool that Soul got it running on that P75 anyway :) The lowest CPU's XP will "Let" you run on, AFAIK, are Pentium 2's. I'm not sure about Pentium MMX though... don't know anyone who's tried it.

Acorn

Pent 200 MMX here, no tweaks ro tricks and it still runs just fine. Installed normally too.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I don't know about XP, but with 98 there was a setup startup switch to not check system for requirements....it was not a published switch, though :)

Martin

Administrator
Talk about going off-topic. :p

To follow your lead, I'm running Windows 2000 Professional SP3 on my P-233 with 40 MB RAM. No problems. :)

Flash

Technomage
nephalim said:
I don't know about XP, but with 98 there was a setup startup switch to not check system for requirements....it was not a published switch, though :)

/IM - skip memory check
/ID - skip free space check
/IN - don't load network setup module
/IS - don't load scandisk
/IQ - skip crosslinked clusters check
/IW - skip license dialog
(st00pid "i agree")

/IX - don't remember, skip something useless

/IL - for some Logitech mice
/D - ignore installed version

/IE - don't create boot floppy
/NF - don't show "Please remove floppy" message

/NM - Don't check minimum system reqs (this is it)

/IV - Don't show advertising messages (makes setup really faster)

/I P - Don't use p'n'p BIOS autoconfig

/P F - Don't use previous registry settings.

/T:[path] - temporary directory path ( /T:C:\TEMP)

P.S. Maybe move this tread to TechTalk ?

OP
alexa999

alexa999

Banned
Martin said:
Talk about going off-topic. :p

To follow your lead, I'm running Windows 2000 Professional SP3 on my P-233 with 40 MB RAM. No problems. :)

I dont understand it, Mario 64 dosen't have any problems on my brothers computer. And mabye it is because of the name of my rom file, it is supermario64u.rom. Should i post my brothers specs?

Nemo

Master Sporksman
IT WAS A JOKE! lol, I thought that was obvious enough, and I figured if it wasn't the "etc." would give it away.... geeze, less than a day I put that in there and I get swarmed, lol, changing it back now.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Nemo said:
IT WAS A JOKE! lol, I thought that was obvious enough, and I figured if it wasn't the "etc." would give it away.... geeze, less than a day I put that in there and I get swarmed, lol, changing it back now.

Well, the entire purpose of that system is so we can see what people's specs are... because 4/5 of the people who come in saying 'Why won't ***** game work in ***** emulator?' don't list their specs... and we're forced to ask for them, and then when we get them, it's usually painfully clear why things aren't working (say, integrated video or something).

Nemo

Master Sporksman
I know why it's there, and when asking about problems I always restate what is relevant anyway (Every time I've seen someone rely on the specs at the bottom, I've seen a prompt reply of "Well, that's my other computer, this is the computer I really use" or something like that.) But really, I assumed it would be seen instantly as a joke..... but apparently you guys just thought I dind't know what I was talking about, heh.