What's new

Direct64 v0.5 ALPHA

Hal

Bartman
Anyone have any idea on how to stop that weird instability. I have noticed that for instance in zelda oot when I enter the kokiri forest, in fullscreen, it slows down dramatically, but when I switch to window it speeds up fine and afterwards I can switch to fullscreen at the windowed speed again.

lauwingchun

the plugin is excellent...except for the fact that i can't play 1964 using it for long. i think it is the memory leak problem that was mentioned in the previous replies in this thread. i got serious slowdown after playing for an hour or so, and eventually forcing me to take a minute to shut down 1964.exe. (it eats up to 200MB of resources in task manager)

i got the experience for almost every game i played in 1964. the problem is time...sometimes it gets to an 'emulation exception' just becouz it has been played for long! after restarting the emulator and loading the save state there is no problem at that point.

is there a possible fix for that? thx. i am using radeon 9700 pro on xpsp2 with a P4 2.8GHz PC.

BountyJedi

hmm wierd never happened to me though ive never played it during usage of sp2 (i tried the beta once but uninstalled later for sum reason =p )
might be ofcourse that i've got 512 mb ram so 200 mb doesnt fill it to 100% and it never goes to the swapfile

lauwingchun

i got 512Mb DDR2 RAM too. i've set paging to 524 to 1024 Mb with system cache on (in windows). but i have tried tuning these settings, didn't seem to help.

i have tried playing around 1964 using jabo's plugins and glide64 as well, but such problem is not observed. (i can play as long as i can) my card also goes very well with 3d games (like doom 3, gound control 2) even after a long time.

u may suggest changing catalyst driver....well that issue happened for me on catalyst 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.8beta and 4.9 beta.

the n64 games i mentioned having such 'memory leak' after a long time are paper mario, super smash bros, mario kart and diddy kong racing.

Clements

Got an unknown microcode with Mario No Photopie (J) [!]:

Microcode CRC: 0x53116796
Microcode Data CRC: 0x00000000
Microcode Text: RSP Gfx ucode S2DEX 1.07 Yoshitaka Yasumoto Nintendo.

NetTitus

I see the monitor always black !!

Why ??
Why ??

I have a notebook Acer 1501 lmi with video-card Ati 9600 mobility !

Help me !!
Help me !!

Aloahh !!

:bouncy: :bouncy:

dredwing

haven't checked back here in awhile. just wanted to say that OoT looked like a dream on this plug-in and played even better.

only problem was the last battle with gannon in the tower. the game goes to like 1-3 fps.
it only seems to do it there.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
I tested the plugin with project64... it looked nice but there was one bug... i saw the fps flickering in the middle of the screen. I think i know why... the plugin makes project64 "be on top" when you go to fullscreen, if you go out from fullscreen mode later the program stays on top

It took me some time to get the plugin working, i downloaded the latest driver (catalyst 4.9) and i tested other graphic settings, then it worked for me :p

Last edited:
OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Hey ya'll...sorry I haven't been around in a looooong time.

I had hoped to get to work on Direct64 alot over the summer, but I ended up being more busy than during the spring semester. I took summer classes, worked, and helped out with a camp...plus got a gf...I think (weird situation, don't ask).

Anyway, things are actually less busy now that class has started again, but I probably won't get to work on Direct64 much now either since I'm taking VB .NET this semester (which is incredibly easy btw), and will be devoting most of my programming time to that.

Anyway, thanks for being patient. Keep up the faith, and one day maybe, just maybe, Direct64 v1.0 will be out with perfect N64 emulation!

Orkin

NetTitus

X Orkin

I see the monitor always black with some titles only on Project 64 !!!
But with 1964 All OK !!

Why ??

Good Work !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
You must see the Glide 0.7 Me (The Best Plug-in for N64 emulation) !!

:bouncy: :bouncy:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Orkin said:
Hey ya'll...sorry I haven't been around in a looooong time.

I had hoped to get to work on Direct64 alot over the summer, but I ended up being more busy than during the spring semester. I took summer classes, worked, and helped out with a camp...plus got a gf...I think (weird situation, don't ask).

Anyway, things are actually less busy now that class has started again, but I probably won't get to work on Direct64 much now either since I'm taking VB .NET this semester (which is incredibly easy btw), and will be devoting most of my programming time to that.

Anyway, thanks for being patient. Keep up the faith, and one day maybe, just maybe, Direct64 v1.0 will be out with perfect N64 emulation!

Orkin
Hey great to hear from you. We will wait, see what's happening, keep up the prob reports and will help you in any way we can.
We all will be patient, keep up your real life and probably, if you have the time continue your great work!
Great to see you again, how was your birthday and how is the college this year? Tell us some things about you, not only emulation, because you will be bored in the future if we all only keep asking for direct64 etc.