What's new

A Paper Mario Bug list

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Sorry if some (of all) of this bugs are a bother rather than a help. I now I am bugging about it too much, but i promess not to report in excess about Paper Mario again! :ermm:

Name: NeTo
Date: 2003-09-27
1964 Version (from the 1964 Window's Title Bar): 2003-09-27

}}}}} Bug#1 {{{{{

Describe the Problem: If Framebuffer is set to "Faster" + "Faster+Recheck" + "Complete" + "Copy & Back", music stops in places that use FrameBuffer to render a shadow effect in the characters ,like inside the Lavalava Volcano (is that what the Framebuffer effect does right?). Tested with schibo's sound plug and Jabo's DSound.

How to Make this Problem Happen: Set FB to one of the above and enter to Lavalava Volcano, east of Yoshi's Island. I could attach a savefile if needed

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]: Sometimes (when it doesn't not happen is when the mu crashes, read bug below)

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]: A Minor Distraction

}}}}} Bug#2 {{{{{

Describe the Problem: Game crashes at random with some FB settings in places that use FB, causing an exception in the emu thread, ending game emulation and returning to the rom list.

How to Make this Problem Happen: Check the place stated in the bug above with all FB settings except Disabled and Ignore.

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]: Sometimes

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]: Annoying

}}}}} Bug#3 {{{{{

Describe the Problem: Performing Sushi's Tidal Wave attack slows emulation to 3-10 fps.

How to Make this Problem Happen: Just perfom a Tidal Wave attack. The only plugin that runs this without problems is glN64, but i think beacuse the effect is mostly "broken" in that plug

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]: Always

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]: A minor distraction

}}}}} Bug#4 {{{{{

Describe the Problem: In the bugs 1 and 2 i talked about the FB effect that renders shadows to characters in dark places. That effect was broken in previous versions of Rice's plug, now its almost there, except from one detail. Characters appear in negative colors in such places (you must enable FB in the plug's config, or you'll get white characters). I think the solution shouldn't be that hard, since only the colors have to be reversed for the caracter sprites. Check the screenshots below.

How to Make this Problem Happen: Go to a place that uses this effect, like inside the LavaLava Volcano.

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]: Always

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]: A minor distraction for me at least

Last edited:
OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
This is how the above shot looks when inverting colors in Paint Shop Pro