What's new

What's the neccesary savefile?

GamerXYZ

In the "Save" folder, I have all kinds of save extensions. Some games even have 2 files, and due to all the different extensions I can't answer my question by simply looking at it.
The game for which this question is important, has an .eep and .pj2 file. Say I uploaded one of those files for someone else to use, what's the file that gives that someone my saved file?

OP
G

GamerXYZ

Thanks, that's one problem less.

I have one last question, a problem I've just ran into. It seems I need a .n64 save, how can I convert a .eep save to a .n64 save? Google didn't bring me any converters (well, I found one site that *maybe* did what I need: n64.icequake-something, but the programs didn't do the trick).

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You need to use the N-Rage Input plugin. Go to the Input Plugin Configuration window, select the Controller Pak tab, select MemPak and then click New MemPak/Browse --> choose the Dexdrive save you want to use.

OP
G

GamerXYZ

I can only select .MPK or .N64 extensions with that, so I think that does something different. What I'm looking for is the ability to take a .EEP file, and convert it to a .N64 file.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Oh sorry, I completely forgot that part while I was typing my answer. :/ Late nights are not good.

In any case, I don't think there is such a tool that you seek. .n64 saves can only be used with MemPaks, not EEPROM or FLASH saves. This is my understanding of it anyways.