What's new

gamepad adapter question?

emuknight

hi all im new here and i was just wondering will any old gamepad adapter for N64 work for project 64 as long as u have a genuine 64 controller?

Allnatural

I'm hesitant to say that all adapters will work flawlessly. Some, like the Boom adapters, tend to be finicky. Generally though it shouldn't be a problem.

And note that any gamepad (PC or otherwise) will work with PJ64 so long as Windows recognizes it. You're not restricted to N64 pads, though I can't believe anyone would use something other than the real thing. ;)

OP
E

emuknight

ok thankyou for the help ill probably buy the adapter and the controller buy the end of the month and maybe the adaptoid and a rumble pack in the near future

viperfan7

I know how to make a homemade addapter for the computer so that you can use N64 contrelers on the computer you just need to get a USB extention cord a N64 controler exention cord and a N64 controler step 1: cut the two extention cords in half step 2: solder one half of the N64 controler extention cord to one half of the USB extention cord and just plug it in P.S. I'm not sure if you need a spetial download to make the computer read the button names so if you do what I said can you check and tell me?