What's new

Emu64 HiP Thread

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I think he means that you can set the max resources the sound, for example can take up is up to max 20%. The rest 80% can go to video and core, and vice versa.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
that could screw sound/video and core up quite severly while running a game, sort of like Underclocking a paticular component in the PC or overclocking it

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Ok. Just back from a no-internet vacation...

mightyrocket said:
Idea for the next version:

You can set the maximum % for audio, video and core so you might get more speed out of it.

I don't know if that can be done with Emu64 HiP. What I had in mind since along time is to mess each thread of the emulators individually. But I don't if that is possible at all. I'll post a thread in the Programming section asking for help about that.

Stupidity_Emu said:
Ok, I just tried it with Nemu and 1964 and I got zero speed increase. I only get 50fps on diddy Kong racing with and without the HiP on 1964.

Stupidity_Emu, have you tried choosing another presets (like Low-end PC or Mid-End PC). Maybe the (automatic) preset isn't working well... Tell me if that works.

Oh. And on a sidenote... To anyone on Windows 95/98, it's better to try out other presets besides the (automatic) in emu64 HiP, because of a bug in current release. I'll fix that hopefully this week.

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
I'm afraid to say that when you modify the process priority that your VI/s meter in 1964 becomes unreliable. This is because less time is sometimes given to statusbar stats, which causes it to show deceiving results.

This may only be true with 1964 in Win98/Me, because 1964 boosts the thread priority of the emulation thread in 98/Me operating systems, (but not in NT based operating systems).

Anyway, this should be an easy thing to fix to make sure isn't a problem for the next 1964.

Last edited:
OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
schibo said:
I'm afraid to say that when you modify the process priority that your VI/s meter in 1964 becomes unreliable. This is because less time is sometimes given to statusbar stats, which causes it to show deceiving results.

This may only be true with 1964 in Win98/Me, because 1964 boosts the thread priority of the emulation thread in 98/Me operating systems, (but not in NT based operating systems).

Anyway, this should be an easy thing to fix to make sure isn't a problem for the next 1964.

I have also noticed that the status bar was working strange, specially with the more agressive preset. That's specially noticiable if you turn off speed limiter and use the xtreme preset of Emu64 HiP. The statusbar stops working (well, along with anything that is not the emulator) and shows no more than 80-120 VI/s but the game runs unplayable (cos of the excess of speed).

Actually if are very very pacient, you may get to see the statusbar refreshing.

Like a week ago, I kept Mario running like an hour with things configured as i stated above, and suddendly the VI/s inidicator changed to 13000+ (that's why i said unplayable), it hung for 20 minutes and showed like 11000 VI/s. The sidedown: I had to restart the whole pc after I finished playing (at least control (NRage+Pad) was fine, as well as saving).

That xtreme case may be like a consideration if your pc is very very slow, an if you are very very very cautious.

skull1

im9i7
When i run HiP program, my PJ64 should be in high priority right? I checked it through the task bar and it says normal. Why is that?

Also i am not getting any noticeable speed increase with the program. I used the low-end preset.

Tested on

1. Windows XP pro, Cel 633,128M ram, i810

2. Win2K sp3, PIII 600, 128M ram, ATI mobility M4

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
NeTo said:
I have also noticed that the status bar was working strange, specially with the more agressive preset. That's specially noticiable if you turn off speed limiter and use the xtreme preset of Emu64 HiP. The statusbar stops working (well, along with anything that is not the emulator) and shows no more than 80-120 VI/s but the game runs unplayable (cos of the excess of speed).

Actually if are very very pacient, you may get to see the statusbar refreshing.

Like a week ago, I kept Mario running like an hour with things configured as i stated above, and suddendly the VI/s inidicator changed to 13000+ (that's why i said unplayable), it hung for 20 minutes and showed like 11000 VI/s. The sidedown: I had to restart the whole pc after I finished playing (at least control (NRage+Pad) was fine, as well as saving).

That xtreme case may be like a consideration if your pc is very very slow, an if you are very very very cautious.
Neto, giving anything a priority of extreme or very high will cause the rest of the system to almost hang thus making it unrealiable. It's best if you don't do that...

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Doomulation said:
Neto, giving anything a priority of extreme or very high will cause the rest of the system to almost hang thus making it unrealiable. It's best if you don't do that...

:huh:that's why i made Emu64 HiP .... :ermm:

Last edited:

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Hey hey...I tried your HiP, but there's something strange about it...when you start it you can see all programs' ressources drop to 0 (in Task Manager)...but that's simply impossible, isn't it...nothing would work with 0 ressources, or am I wrong? ...furthermore, when HiP is closed the ressources stay like that.....do I have to restart my pc after using the HiP or what?
Something else:
Do you think it's possible to add a feature to make exceptions?..for example:
My PC is too slow to make audio work fine and it's ennoying to listening to crackeling, so when I play with an emu, I use audio dummy and have winamp running...but with HiP running, winamp has "stops" all the time ...you know what I mean?
Thx...otherwise a good idea of a program :)

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
About the resources, I don't noticer nothing wrong myself, it's really strange that they all get to zero. But after closing the emu can you use those programs? If you can, then maybe the task manager stops running corrrectly somehow, or memory of those programs was allocated completly to the pagefile to free Ram when the emu was running (is that possible??).

About WinAmp... I think I can add that without problems. It's like an exclusion list. But you'll have to wait, i have had little time to work on the utility, since i'm on exams now. I'll very busy at least this week.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Well, yeah...everything seems to run fine after quiting HiP...but I can't really tell if something is still affected...strangely the CPU-usage is still shown correctly in the Task Manager...just not the memory usage...I dunno

Heya...would be pretty cool, such an exclusion list :)
Well...of course I can wait...I think everyone in the N64-emu-community has learned to be patient ;)

lilvat

Banned
About Nato's Emu64 Hip v1.5.1

Nato's Emu64 Hip v1.5.1 Doesn't Work at all on my PC. It's seem to be a
Fake Speeder Emulators Program Around

lilvat

Banned
The Real Emulator Game Speed UP

Try this program i've just found on the internet. it really speed up
my Emulators Game System. Once you try this your gonna Thank Me
very much for bringing this software program around us.
Program Name:SpeederXP
Program Version:1.60
Program Release Date:29 Jan. , 2003
Program Description:
PC Speed hack tool. Speed up computer, run fast in games. Make your old slow computer fast and more efficient.
Target OS:Windows 95, 97, 98, 98SE, ME, NT4, 2000 , XP
Software type: Shareware
Serial Number Include the Zip files
Try it and you'll be inlove with it Forever

lilvat

Banned
I can't get the attachments to attach

The attachments seem to be not working right or it just my computer
If you want the Files please send me an email than i give you the files to
attach to this Post

lilvat

Banned