What's new

Zelda Wind Waker

OP
S

S Vegeto

Well really....I haven't gone against the rules.
I asked if Dolphin would run Zelda at a greater speed than Naruto or not since its the only game I got - I'm not asking questions about the game Naruto or even if I have to upgrade hardware. What has this got to do with breaking rules?:(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What makes you think you've gone against the rules?

Wind Waker most likely won't run any faster.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
S Vegeto said:
Well really....I haven't gone against the rules.
I asked if Dolphin would run Zelda at a greater speed than Naruto or not since its the only game I got - I'm not asking questions about the game Naruto or even if I have to upgrade hardware. What has this got to do with breaking rules?:(
FAQ isn't rules. FAQ is frequently asked questions, one question such as this. Yours is a frequently asked one, so check that FAQ and you'll see that your question has been answered.

OP
S

S Vegeto

Faq

I read the FAQ and found this........

Q: Whoa, Dolphin is running as fast as a pregnant snail, what am I doing wrong?
A: The Nintendo Gamecube is a very advanced platform and (todays) computers are not fast enough yet to emulate it with the techniques we use. So... you aren't doing anything wrong! Upgrading a CPU or GPU won't gain you much more performance (you will only gain 1-5 fps). IF you decide to upgrade just besure to get a 64-bit CPU and a GPU which supports (at least) 2.0 pixelshaders.

.......which has NOT what I'm asking.

Clements

How can you expect us to give you an accurate estimate when you have provided almost no info? We can only give you a vague 0-6fps if you meet the requirements, which you should have worked out for yourself from the various screenshots people have taken.

Doomulation

S Vegeto said:
I read the FAQ and found this........

Q: Whoa, Dolphin is running as fast as a pregnant snail, what am I doing wrong?
A: The Nintendo Gamecube is a very advanced platform and (todays) computers are not fast enough yet to emulate it with the techniques we use. So... you aren't doing anything wrong! Upgrading a CPU or GPU won't gain you much more performance (you will only gain 1-5 fps). IF you decide to upgrade just besure to get a 64-bit CPU and a GPU which supports (at least) 2.0 pixelshaders.

.......which has NOT what I'm asking.
I think it very well answers your question. Yes, Wind Waker will also run in around 0 to 6 fps. There is no way around it.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Just like doom is pointing out, it wasn't about asking something illegal, it's just the fact no matter what you do, it won't go fullspeed... And WW will run 0-6 fps ...

Toasty

Sony battery
How fast will it go? Slow. What difference does it make whether it goes 6fps or 7fps? A couple more fps just means slightly less time before it crashes when you get the first item.

OP
S

S Vegeto

So...........

Well so do you guys play Wind Waker on Dolphin with 6 fps? I have no idea how slow that is for an adventure game but if you guys can play OK with that speed then I guess I can too unless it takes 20 secs for Link to swing his sword or something....

Mouser X

I haven't used Gamecube emulators, but being played at 6 fps IS NOT playable. Actually, I'd assume it would take at least 20 seconds for Link to swing his sword. I played Megaman 64 (Megaman Legends for the N64) at about 20 fps, and that was a most torturous experience. I'd rather not put myself through the pain of 6 fps, if 20fps was as bad as it was. That's just a heads up to you. 6 fps IS NOT FAST by any stretch of the imagination. Mouser X over and out.

Doomulation

Do the math. For an ntsc version of the game, it is supposed to run at 60 fps. So, so 60 / 6 = 10. That is, it's 10 times slower than normal. So if it takes Link 1 second to swing his sword in normal speed, it takes 1 * 10 = 10 seconds at that speed.

Toasty

Sony battery
And that's assuming you can get 6fps. Even if you could emulate it at full speed, the game still crashes before you leave Outset Island, so if you're looking to play the game, use a Gamecube - Dolphin and current PCs aren't ready yet.

OP
S

S Vegeto

Toasty said:
And that's assuming you can get 6fps. Even if you could emulate it at full speed, the game still crashes before you leave Outset Island, so if you're looking to play the game, use a Gamecube - Dolphin and current PCs aren't ready yet.
:( well guess that's that....