What's new

Zelda TP sounds starting to work

The Gamecube game The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess is starting to show signs of sounds. The game sounds are still hardly there and muffled, but some are working at the right times. I remember hearing some footsteps and when I tossed a rock I heard the rock hit the ground and crumble and break and the appropriate sound played, along with some of what seemed like music trying to play in the background. This is all excellent news and is good to see/hear. Keep up the good work and maybe in some time the game will be fully playable and enjoyable.

Specs:

Dolphin version R3537
CPU: Single core AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 2.4Ghz
CPU Cooler: Ultra X-Wind 5" Fan and Finned Heatsink
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO, 512MB DDR2 - 600/900
Memory: 1GB Kingston

Xtreme2damax

Mario Kart: Double Dash and Zelda Windwaker are a couple others where sounds can be heard now.

In Windwaker you can hear the sound of links footsteps, sword slash, seagulls despite the sound being broken, garbled, static/garbage.

In Mario Kart: Double Dash, you can hear some music along with some of the sounds, still broken and garbled sound same as above.

Still it's progress and better than before when there was no sound. :D

Hey there, someone upload R3605 so we can hear some Zelda sounds, please. :)

Edit: Nevermind, I've found a build to use. Anyway, Zelda TP sounds like it's missing some notes in the menu, but it's an improvement. MKDD is even sounding a lot better but crashes during a race along with ZWW.

Last edited:

Anton

I like beer
Having sound in TP is great!
But 3661 build (that has sound) runs the game mush slower... (even if I choose "null sound"). Still use 3402 - much faster...

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2,33 GHz,
GeForce 9600 GT,
RAM 2Gb.
Win XP SP2.

Zilla

夢を見られた
Awesome work devs! :D
Even the music works in some places (3661 build) in Twilight Princess.

nosound.97

It's still not perfect, some games have missing sounds, like Mario Kart: Double Dash has disappearing music ingame or Wind Waker's choppy intro. Bit it's nice progress, wait for more :)

Zilla

夢を見られた
Yeah, I still have no sound at all in Wind Waker.

Xtreme2damax

Download the latest revision and disable/delete the item hang fix. Sound and music is working near perfect for everyone else in Windwaker and other games now..

Even Mario Sunshine has working sound and music now.

There is very few games left to tackle now that either don't have sound or sound works poorly, then comes the task of improving the sound to be near identical to the actual hardware.

Zilla

夢を見られた
Alright! Latest SVN build has perfect sound in WW now. :D

Xtreme2damax

There are some minor flaws, but it's close to perfect. :p

The Wii version of Twilight Princess and another game still lack sound, other games sound and music works with very few issue.

It's astounding they managed to do all this without proper documentation of the hardware all through reverse engineering.

Last edited: