What's new

Zelda OoT, Project64, and glN64

Neo_XX

Hello,
I'm new to this site, but I need help.
I'm tring to emulate Zelda OoT with glN64 4.1 on Project64 1.5,
and it just doen't work. I ran glN64 on 1964 and saw how much better it is than Jabo's plugin, but had major color corruptions in 1964, the fade colors were blue instead of black. But i really would like to use Project64 to emulate Zelda. I saw Orkin's post with the emulation of Zelda and I was drooling :p When I run Zelda on Project64 with glN64 I only get a black screen with really low fps. If someone can help out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks n Advanced

SPECS:
Pentium 4 3.4 HT
Radeon 9800 Pro 256
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
1 Gig of Kingston HyperX PC4000

BountyJedi

with your radeon9800 pro you will be much better of with direct64 and 1964 should be the correct one and the color corruptions might be that jabo does em wrong and gln64 does em right? well use direct64 its my plugin used for zelda alsop you might want to get an older version of it (if you would be able to find it or seomthing =p) if youre concerned about the bombers notebook working cuz in newer version orkinsampling and simulate overscan isnt working

OP
N

Neo_XX

I have used Direct64 with Project 64 and it works great, but there is only one problem. When I run Zelda on any resolution higher than 640x480, the FPS flash in the middle of the screen. I tried lowering and increasing the refresh rate, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Clements

Neo_XX said:
I have used Direct64 with Project 64 and it works great, but there is only one problem. When I run Zelda on any resolution higher than 640x480, the FPS flash in the middle of the screen. I tried lowering and increasing the refresh rate, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

This problem does not occur using 1964 0.9.9. I suggest using this emulator with Direct64.

BountyJedi

yeah plus its faster too when i ran direct64 800x600 i noticed some lags here and there NEVER with 1964 ( though direct64 is one of the slowest plug-ins out there, doesnt mean its bad though :) )

Shin_Gouki

slow .. ? ^^ you mean advanced! ;)
in fact i just tried it with mupen04 and zeldoOoT and it works GREAT!!!
just a little slow buts thats just because of my card ;)
wbr Shin Gouki

Last edited:

BountyJedi

well its the slowest plugin for me i "only" get 70 vi's in master quest with frame limiter on hehe (dont blame me ive got a high end card :p ) other often used ones like rices or jabos jump up to 100-150 vi's :)

though for some reason i got some lag here and there using pj64 may be something i dont really know but with 1964 i run most games with cf=1 no problem (also got 3.06 ghz cpu)

=P my system is not a daddy-bought system its a mommy-bought system lol =P it was fom one of thise homepc stuff you get from your job we simplu choosed the most expensive one :p (although due to that ive got a half-crappy screen but wahtever it does what it's supposed to do but no fancy refreshrates (85hz))

also trid it with mupen but with masterquest i would continue playing it with mupen if it wasnt for no cheats =p so i couldnt add the subscreen delay fix

Last edited: