What's new

Zelda OoT problems

Prezhulio

Hey this is the first time posting on this board but i got a problem with ZeldaOoT on PJ64 all versions ive had.Well theres a bunch of graphical errors ill put them up. Please respond if you know whats wrong, how to fix, whatever.Thanks

OP
P

Prezhulio

My specs

P III 800mhz
64mb of SDRAM(boo hoo hoo even though i can run 2 emus at one time......)
Voodoo 3 2000 with a bunch of tweaks (All my other games work fine inculding Zelda:MoM)
30gb

RadeonUser

The problem lies in the Voodoo 3 2000. It does not support all the TextureOpCaps Jabo uses for displaying and rendering the graphics correctly.

You may wish to try going to Options, Configure Graphics Plugin, Emulation, and activating Change blending mode if invalid for video card.

RadeonUser

hellknight said:
your specs are bad the voodoo is shit and the ram must be more

You might want to be more polite. Just because you've had more time on this board does not mean you should be insulting people like that. Respect is earned, not given. The KYRO II isn't exactly the best for Project64 either.

RadeonUser

Oh? It does? Can you do me a favor and run dxcapsviewer? Please paste the info from TextureOpCaps. I want to see if it supports all the modes :)

OP
P

Prezhulio

thanks

thanks man for sticking up for me but i know my card is crap.
Thanks again, and ive tried basically all options with the graphics and no luck so ill just wait for a better plugin.

RadeonUser

Re: thanks

Prezhulio said:
thanks man for sticking up for me but i know my card is crap.
Thanks again, and ive tried basically all options with the graphics and no luck so ill just wait for a better plugin.

Well, I'm not really sticking up for you, I'm just laying down the facts, there is no need for profanity in these forums. Also, calling other people's hardware crap doesn't help anyone.

Yes, the Voodoo 3 isn't the best card to use with Jabo's 1.4 video plugin, however, we might be able to make it bearable for you with help.

OP
P

Prezhulio

my bad

sorry guess i missentrepted your messege. I would be glad to accept any adivce you have for me.

RadeonUser

Well, I just had a thought. Have you tried the Direct X 6 version of the plugin? You can change by going to Options, Settings, Video (Graphics) Plugin. Then try the change blending mode and see if that makes a difference.

I also remember something from the old forums... I'll post it when I remember what it was, it seemed to give Voodoo 3 users better graphics.

RadeonUser

If you don't have Windows 2000, Windows XP, or any Windows NT o/s, You might want to try this.

Download this:
ftp://edu.mydrivers.com/tools/display/setupdcontrol11.exe

If that app doesn't work (asks for some files) download this:
http://www.tucows.com/system/preview/194333.html

After you get that working, run the application from where it installed, right click the icon next to the taskbar, go to Direct3D, and uncheck Advanced AGP. Start up a rom, and see if the graphics are any better, if not, sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Last edited: