What's new

Zelda Ocarina of time save file help?

penguinmad27

Ok, so my computer got some viruses, so i had to wipe my computer. I moved the save files and all the other project 64 files to my memory stick then back onto my computer (after i had wiped it)

So i went to play ocarina of time, and the last point i saved at was just after the fire temple. So i opened it, and it was back at young link when you have to avoid the guards at hyrule castle -.- i was not pleased. i really dont want to go through all that again, so have i opened the save file wrong or something?

i opened the rom, then i think i loaded the save file using save as? i cant really remember. (sorry) :S

so does anyone have a save state around after completing the fire temple, or even before volvagia?

Thanks in advance!

Toasty

Sony battery
Clicky. Place the file in PJ64's save folder (usually located at C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Save) and open the save from the in-game file menu as you would on the original console. It's advisable that you use the game's built-in techniques for saving/resuming instead of PJ64's save state functions. (Save states are buggy.)

OP
P

penguinmad27

thank you for the download, i placed it in the file, i tried to load it but it loaded from the same place again? (from when you have to get past the guards) am i doing something wrong?

franpa

You said you loaded it via the "save, so wherever you were when you did that, would be what you overwrote the save with.

Toasty

Sony battery
thank you for the download, i placed it in the file, i tried to load it but it loaded from the same place again? (from when you have to get past the guards) am i doing something wrong?
Place the save file I uploaded into PJ64's save directory again (chances are it has been overwritten by now). Then run OoT and select the save from the in-game menu. Don't touch PJ64's load/save menu functions - those are save state functions.

OP
P

penguinmad27

I put it into the save folder again, and i tried to load it from the in game save as you said, but the 3 save files were all blank :( i might just start again, its a good game anyway!

Toasty

Sony battery
Assuming the file is in the correct folder, it may be a problem with your user account's permissions on PJ64's save folder. If you're on Windows Vista or 7, try running PJ64 as an administrator.

OP
P

penguinmad27

Thank you! that worked, but i did have to change the name of the file first, then i ran as administrator, and it works fine now, thanks! :D