What's new

Zelda Ocarina of time controls Issue.

Acidic

Ok. Well i've been shifting around other sites and this site for the controls (which i have clearly found). I've hit the keys that allow me to equip the deku sticks and nuts and what not but it will not equip. I have tried to change the numbers but it wont work.
I dont have any controllers for it and i really dont want to go tracking one down.

Alunalun

It should work. Lemme check you're trying the right thing:

Default keys for the left, right and down C-buttons are Delete, PgDown and End (but you can configure the input plugin so that any keys you want operate the C-buttons)

On the items screen highlight the thing you want to equip, e.g. deku nuts, and press one of the C-button keys. Then exit the menus and in-game press the same button again to use the item.

Alunalun

And when you press Delete, PgDown or End on the item screen, it doesn't assign the items to your C-buttons on the HUD? I understand. I think the problem is that your C-button assignments are not set to default.

Check your button assignments on Options > Configure controller plugin. This menu shows the button assignments. (If you're using the default input plugin, Jabo's DirectInput 7 1.6, then you reconfigure buttons by clicking the little white square the the right of the button name and press the new keyboard key)

Alunalun

Have you tried assigning the C-buttons to other keys? e.g. C-down to K? Then check if K can be used to assign items.

You don't need another program - if you downloaded PJ64 from the official site then the emulator will have Jabo's DirectInput 7 1.6 already installed and active.

Basically, if the other features of the game are working then the problem should only be with the input plugin configuration, and not with the emulator or the ROM. If you try playing other games on it too then it should become obvious where any problems are.

OP
A

Acidic

Yea i did try to put it on other keys.
The only game that i am playing is Zelda on there.

Alunalun

Try playing another game, see if you can get the C-buttons to work on it.
Mario 64 is good because the buttons all do obvious things and you can test them all right from the start after only one short cutscene.
If they don't work, the problem's with the input, if they do, the problem's with Zelda somehow.