What's new

Zelda Mmo

wallmasterr

Hi i'm new to all his. anyway me and a few friends have been thinking about making a Zelda mmo. We've got loads of rough sketches and ideas. But are wundering about the legal implications. Can anyone tell us the rules of fan games. Otherwise we will focus on lan gaming, whatever, were going to do it.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
AFAIK, Nintendo axes fan games quickly after getting some whiff that such exist.

Then again, I could be wrong, and be talking out of my ass.

Janet Merai

TLOZ: Unicorns Lair Artist
If you want to make a fan-game without concerning legal issues, I would advise yuo to state the legalities inside the game.

Companies frown down on people who make fan-works of their material, but they seem to be happy when someone claims the original owner is in charge of it so they can take that idea as their own and let you rot in the dirt road.

But I do not see Miyomoto being an as- about it XD

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It usually isn't Miyamoto who's being an ass and starts to harass the fan game developers, you know. Nintendo has its own legal department that handles all the IP-related stuff.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lizard Blade

Hi i'm new to all his. anyway me and a few friends have been thinking about making a Zelda mmo. We've got loads of rough sketches and ideas.

failsk0.jpg

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You need more than rough sketches and idea's to make a game, you also need programming skills, 3d modeling and design skills inc map, sound skills, beta testers... an extremely large amount of time. So basically you need a team, an idea is fine, an idea that can't be implemented is not.

Finally Nintendo may not like it, but i've seen plenty fan games before that nintendo never bothered about;