What's new

zelda 64 cheats dont work

Fire_Storm

i have Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2)
and none of the cheats that 1964 have work, and the list of cheats is the same as in 1.0(which the cheats work fine for) but when i was using project 64 it's cheats worked fine, i guess the cheat codes are different for 1.2 and 1.0 and 1964 must not have them for 1.2 or something cuz its trying to use the 1.0 cheats, anyway i guess what im asking is is there a way to import the cheat codes from project 64?

Last edited:

Zoldier01

Insanity's greater form
Get your own codes then, theres plenty of them on the internet, and not hard to put them in.

Might take a few tries.

I think cheating is lame anyway, but handy for testing.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Zoldier01 said:
Get your own codes then, theres plenty of them on the internet, and not hard to put them in.

Might take a few tries.

I think cheating is lame anyway, but handy for testing.

I use exactly one cheat for Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It's called "Subscreen Delay Fix". Perhaps you've heard of it?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Fire_Storm If you read the 1964.chm and the Cheats FAQ section you would have read this:

Q: Why can't I see any cheats in the Menu? It is blank.

A: This could be due to any of several reasons:

The game you are playing has no cheat support at the moment, so either follow the links to a site to add yourself some cheats, or wait until they are supported for that game.

Make sure that the 1964.cht file is in the root folder (main 1964 folder with the 1964.exe file).

You are using a different ROM version and only Good [!] v1.0 versions are supported in the 1964.cht file. So, although you see the cheats in the menu, they will not work because your ROM is a v1.1 or v1.2, etc. Every version of a ROM requires its own set of cheat codes. So, unless you are using either version v1.0 [!] of the ROM or the only version of the ROM (because there are no other versions), the cheats will not work.

So that should answer your question. use the v1.0 version Rom if using 1964

Last edited:

Zoldier01

Insanity's greater form
Powerlord said:
I use exactly one cheat for Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It's called "Subscreen Delay Fix". Perhaps you've heard of it?

Too me thats not a cheat but a fix ;)

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Zoldier01 said:
Too me thats not a cheat but a fix ;)
Yes, but it's enabled in the Cheats menu and stored in the cheats file. Like cheats, it's different for each version of OoT.

Anyway, I don't mean to hijack the thead, but why does Majora's Mask not need a subscreen delay fix, while Ocarina of Time does?