What's new

Zeld OOt lockup...all other games fine

Saria

Hi, I am new here but not really new to emulation. Maybe someone can help me with my problem. :)

I run 1964 (099) and whenever I play my favorite game (Zelda Ocarina), if I enter the first "Castle" the game freezes up, and goes black. The emulator then freezes and I can only close it through Close Process option. Also, when
I bring up the option to change swords, outfit etc, it takes a few seconds to
bring up.

EVERY other game I have works perfect, including Perfect Dark at great speed.
I thought it may be the rom itself but I got it again from another source, and same problem. I am not using cheat codes.

System (if necessary)
-------------------
Celeron 900mhz
256 Ram
Ati Radeon 9200
DirectX 9.0c
Windows XP Pro
Cobra AW840 sound card

Plugins
-------

Rice 6.1 (graphics)
Schibos Pugin 1.2 (alot of others I get no sound)
Nrage's Input plugin v21.80

OP
S

Saria

Oh PS: I DID read the rules 1st but found nothing relevant to the problem mentioned.

OP
S

Saria

I did read those replies, but I have gotten the dump form more than one source,
I am not using cheats, I have not modified any of the code, and I haven't saved the game at all.

No worries and thanks for the tips.

ryanraab

there should be a cheat to fix the start menu. so in this case not using cheats is a bad thing lol. anyways i just take the speed limit of when i open the start menu.

OP
S

Saria

ryanraab said:
there should be a cheat to fix the start menu. so in this case not using cheats is a bad thing lol. anyways i just take the speed limit of when i open the start menu.

It worked! Thanks Ryan!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There is just the slight problem of that oot needs sound sync to work perfect ;) And you can't use that if you're going to disable the speed limiter.

ryanraab

I only disable it when i access the menu. So the sound is perfect when i'm battling and riding around.

PS I'm really getting into this game again. :)