What's new

Yet another DK64 problem...

Protoman

Well, as it seems, I got sick of the myriads of problems with trying to run Donkey Kong 64 with Project 64 (such as not being able to get the golden banana after playing the Angry Aztec flyswatter game, clipping through textures at random, the ever-popular barrelblasting game problem, etc. etc. etc...) And switched to 1964 to try and get it to work. After a lot of fooling with plugins I'm starting to get it to stabilize, but there's still a snag that I can't dodge: When I try to warp between bottlecaps on the mainmap, when I emerge the screen is covered by a black film that I can't get rid of until I enter and leave a different room. Before you ask, no, hitting START doesn't do it.

C

catewauler

Is not about start or something...

Catewauler online:

Hi, I think there isn´t something about buttons ar anything like this... the main problem is that 1964 doesn´t emulate at 100% all the games and shows a lot of graphic bugs.

Use another graphic plugin, glide64 works fine with me and solves a lot of bugs, just try the best graphic plugins for your computer specs (jabo works fine too)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
You can adjust the counterfactor before bananaporting. Switch it to 5, I think, and the bottlecaps will work. It's still slow, jerks around, and doesn't work well, but you can at least use the barrels and bananaports.

OP
Protoman

Protoman

Thanks, that has seemed to work. I hadn't expected to have to alter the counterfactor on a regular basis, but, as it seems, I'm having to in order to dodge myriads of glitches.

Now, though, I have another problem: Sometimes when a character jumps to a vine, the screen transitions (complete with DK logo and transition sound) right to the start of the level. This problem is particulary nasty and frequent when using Lanky Kong, and happens regardless of counterfactor, though with counterfactor of 2 X 2 Lanky sometimes has just enough time to jump off the vine before the transition, thus avoiding it...

Isn't there a better way to dodge this glitch than fast movement?!

M

mainframe19

better yet use the last version of pj64!1.5 i use it with jabo's3d651.5.1 plugin.with jabo's direct sound 1.5.with jabo's direct input 7.15
.my rom settings are large compiler buffer on, register caching on, use tlb on , sp hack on.

i don't have the the vine jumping trouble like in 1964085!but the crankeys blast barrel game don't work right.other than that sound is great!