What's new

Yabause Progress Report

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Category: <b>Saturn</b><br><br>The Yabause website has been updated with some new screenshots showing King Of Fighters '95 running on the latest CVS version. This makes Yabause the first Saturn emulator running games that use Saturn ROM cartridges!

Here are some shots of King Of Fighters '95 in action:

yabause-102.png

yabause-103.png

If you want to compile the latest source you can visit the Yabause Project Page on SourceForge. For more information you can always visit the Yabause Official Site.

:: Yabause Project Page
:: Yabause Official Site

OP
PsyMan

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I just want to see what the Crapssini fans have to say after this. Saturn emulation gets better and better. :D

smcd

PsyMan said:
I just want to see what the Crapssini fans have to say after this. Saturn emulation gets better and better. :D

[ kidding mode activated ]

It is not crapssini it is cassini and if you keep bashing it I will be forced to tell Snail and he will ridicule you like he did Kieth (yes, Kieth) :p

Hawq

They havent said anything yet, maybe theyre too busy burying their heads in the sand over legal issues to notice the legal emulators?

zman

This is great news that yabause is moving along just fine. It's an easy to use emulator full of great promise for great saturn emulation.

As far as Cassini goes. I'm an advid user of this emulator and have not seen signifcant compelling evidence that the emulator remains illegal or ill gotten. For the time being the emulator is a dead project due to Snail's medical condition and the dispanding of the Cassini team. Only time will tell if any more progress is made on cassini. So take it as you well. It's an emulator that run Saturn games fairly well.

It's always great news that any of the current saturn's emulators are progressed further to run saturn games well.

Clements

zman said:
As far as Cassini goes. I'm an advid user of this emulator and have not seen signifcant compelling evidence that the emulator remains illegal or ill gotten.

There is plenty of evidence:

http://www.emutalk.net/284417-post1.html

Cassini is an illegal resource-hacked version of the commercial emulator GiriGiri bundled with stolen software.

Last edited: