What's new

XP Problem.. HELP

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Ok i tried that gameos shit (AGHH!) It didn't do a thing, i switch back to the standard explorer, and now when ever i open a program a command prompt box comes up, dissapears, and the program opens. A different story for my control panel items though, i cant open ANY of my control panel items. WTF!? :angry:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
donno... never seen this kind of problem before, its obvious that the programe didn't uninstall properly. Try installing and uninstalling.

Hitman

I looked into this program, and it seems fine for some and a pain in the arse for others... Some people say there is a speed increase others say it simply doesn't affect anything. I believe that if you run a tidy system you don't need it... Or if your hardware is up to scratch, you don't need it... The people that claim its great (usually) have quite low spec systems...

Those that don't like it or say its crap are the ones having problems with it. Someone else said that they installed and used it fine, but when they tried to get back to windows, it crashed, then neither shell would load. He had to edit his ini in dos to get things working again...

More trouble than its worth i think....

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Don't panic! Switch the performance mode back to Normal. Then, set Explorer as default shell, reboot, and in Windows you can select the things again. I actually warned for this in my thread; I had the same problem once. :cool:

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Yeah, nice to hear everything’s back to normal. I was scared too when I had it! You also see those weird command window boxes pop up before you start anything. There’s nothing worse than a crashing computer; it’s a part of my life. I even installed WinXP on another partition, but after a few hours I remembered GameOS saying something about the disabled functions when you change the performance level. But, hey, do you like GameOS now? I really do.

(Hehe, I scared the hell outta (kiddin’) the famous cooliscool; I mean, you’re pretty renowned in the N64 emulation scene, right?)
;)