What's new

Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver problem

solid_bam

I just picked up an xbox 360 gaming receiver so I can use my 360 controller wirelessly for PC games and emulators. Problem is I don't know how to get it to work with project 64. If anybody knows it would be greatly appreciated.

Tre

Oops. Died again.
IIRC, the WIRELESS X-Box 360 controllers won't work with PJ64... there's nothing to make it work right. I don't know the full details of this, but I ~believe~ Squall had explained it to me in the past. I know that the ~wired~ 360s will work though.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the MS drivers do not allow full customisation of the control and in windows XP dinput does not support Split axis, making the trigger buttons on 1 axis.

the XBCD drivers were created to work around this with both the original Xbox and Xbox 360 controllers, but since redcloud hasn't been around in awhile, they have never been updated to support Wireless controls.... but they do support the wired Xbox 360 control... im actually scouring the net for someone with dinput driver experience to help me update the XBCD drivers to support the values that the wireless control puts out..... but theres more to it then that unfortunately...

OP
S

solid_bam

Thanks for the info guys.

I have two more questions though, I hear it is possible to use a Sixaxis controller, would anybody know what I would have to do or what drivers I would have to install to make that compatible? and also about the wired version of the 360 controller, what drivers would I have to download to get it compatible with project 64?

t1337Dude

What are you guys talking about? I am using a wireless 360 Controller with the default drivers that install when you plug in the wireless receiver. It works fine. Every button registers - even the triggers.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
yeah, no, it doesn't work fine.

with the default drivers you won't have rumble, or to be able to press both trigger buttons at the same time when using a dinput application.