What's new

XBox 360 controller question

MXJS19

For the 360 controllers i can't use both L and R trigger buttons at the same time. Games like mario kart you need to slide and hold items so this is important for me, and I don't want to change it to the shoulder button cuz its uncomfortable playn like that.

Edit: o yea I'm using the NRage plugin

Does anyone know how to fix this??
Thx in advance

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the microsoft drivers are severely lacking :(

if its the wireless version of the control, unfortunately XBCD does't work with it.

OP
M

MXJS19

here try this version of the driver

http://hostfile.org/xbcdsetupv0301.exe

you'll need to uninstall the old driver reboot then install this one

ok i uninstalled the old driver and installed this one, i did everything and then updated the driver from device manager, but in the process of updating i get an error message

"a service installation section in this INF is invalid" and then this makes my xbox 360 controller unfuctionable.

Once i get this fixed how does it work w/ project64? Do i juz leave the controller settings the way it is and let xbcd do all the work?

thx

OP
M

MXJS19

nvm i finally got it work. The only reason why it didn't work was because i didn't select xbcd controller in the pj64 settings.

But this works great and thx for all ur help guys

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
yeah, sorry, Truth Unknown has to work out a few (many) bugs with it.

it kept installing the old 2005 driver instead of the new one, and it had issues installing the service :/ and i couldn't get it to show up in the xbcd profiler

so im sticking with the XBCD XP.exe myself :p