What's new

WWF No Mercy

Piilot

Hey all,

I just got No Mercy to run on my laptop. The frame rate is at about 40 with 4 people on the screen, but seems to stay the same even with only 2 people on screen. Are there any specific settings for the video, sound configs in PJ64? I'm running 1.4, with the D3D7 plugin. Also, the audio seems to be skipping here and there...I've turned it off...but are there any solutions to that. My comp config is in my sig, and the vid card is the equivalent of a Geforce2MX 32MB. Thanks!:cool: :pj64:

Trotterwatch

You could be CPU limited for this game, the minimum spec for most games is a P3 700. Ensure you don't have any of the advanced tab options ticked in the graphics plugin (especially framebuffer options).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The sound skips since emulation doesn't go full speed. If you can get it to run around 60 fps, the sound will be fine.

crazytopp

lap tops have problems with pj64 (lol) But also ur specs are a lil lower then the needed specs to run wwf no mercy with full speed.

crazytop what the chuff is an "Authlone"??

/me realises to contribute to topic...
yeah anythin around 800mhz should be enough for pj64 but no mercy is quite abeast of a games so you'd be looking around a 1ghz chip

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
The only issues I could think of for using an N64 emulator on a laptop involve slow CPUs (or even those evil ones that can clockdown if power is low or heat is high) and the fact that most laptops have awful graphics solutions. The GeForce 2 Go might have some driver issues that mean the normal nVidia detonator's can't be used in many cases, but otherwise it's perfectly fine for N64 graphics rendering.

As shown in his case, a P3 600 is a bit slow for use with Project64, but I'd like to see how he'd upgrade that on a laptop ;)

HigherHeat

Grand Marquee
I don't think any one can see the menu's with No Mercy, no matter what kind of video card they have.

There is an issue with the plugin. Use Jabo's plugin for the 1.3 version and the game may run faster.

Try the 1964 emulator if you want games to run faster. It uses the same plugins as Project 64.