What's new

Wow, today I experienced a very weird glitch.

SeymourOmnis

That I had never seen before. I was playing Mario Kart 64 with my brother. First, we played some rounds on 150CC on the Star Cup, but on Sherbet Land we lost and quit the game to the main menu. Next, we selected the Special Cup on 150CC.

Now, the things got really weird. This happened on DK Jungle's Parkway. The game was running on a stable 60 VI/s, but the game got crazy!! Lakitu was high, he speeded up like crazy the traffic lights in the begginning (the 3...2...1...GO!) and the game suddenly got reaaallllyyy fast! The racers were racing like F-Zero, and the main world (the spike pollen) was really fast too. During the race, we noticed framedrops too, but after them the game got insanely fast again, on stable 60VI/s.

Then we quit the game again and entered 150CC Special Cup again. We noticed the same issue!!!!

Is this an internal game glitch or an emulator glitch? Thanks in advance.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
DK Jungle's Parkway is fast and always will be.
It is fast on the real hardware, not sure why.

To slow it down a bit you may adjust the Counter Factor.

Last edited:

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
it is a game glitch i think.
I have had this once after playing a 3player battlemode on real N64.

Allnatural

Try pressing F4 on your keyboard and see if it fixes it.
Not the problem. Read the post again...

This has been brought up before. Apparently it's a glitch in the game itself (nothing to do with emulation). I don't recall seeing it when I had the console, but that was years ago, and many here have confirmed that it does occur on the hardware.

Frankly, I wish you could play the entire game at that speed. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I remember it quite clearly. It is a bug in the game itself, as mentioned. So there's not much you can do about it.

mastrboy

what version of the rom are you using?

a quick google search finds these versions:
Mario Kart 64 (V1.0) (E)
Mario Kart 64 (V1.1) (E)
Mario Kart 64 (V1.0) (U)
Mario Kart 64 (V1.1) (U)

So are u running 1.0 or 1.1?

emukeen

what version of the rom are you using?

a quick google search finds these versions:
Mario Kart 64 (V1.0) (E)
Mario Kart 64 (V1.1) (E)
Mario Kart 64 (V1.0) (U)
Mario Kart 64 (V1.1) (U)

So are u running 1.0 or 1.1?

Will using different versions of games help? How about E, slower?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Seeing as I live in Europe, I had the european version and the glitch exists in there. For the US version, I know not and what version of the game it was, I know not.