What's new

Wow, Is it just me or is their more and more people breaking the rules...

Super Noodle

I say ban them on their first offense. I just checked back from yesterday and their were 4-5 topics asking for roms/asking stupid questions that have been asked countless times.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Super Noodle said:
I say ban them on their first offense. I just checked back from yesterday and their were 4-5 topics asking for roms/asking stupid questions that have been asked countless times.
Welcome to EmuTalk.

Pky

Yeah, i don't know why they don't read the GC/ISOS updates done by falcon4ever. And the worst of all, they expect we're going to tell them.

ArgJuli

Argentine emutalk-tennisplayer
Yes they read the forum rules! but they look the easy way to download one! I think that a pop-up saying "DONT ASK FOR ISOS/GC HERE" is a good idea....

Burnpro

Supar ***
those ppl get banned soon.. there are mods around that like to push that "magical" ban button too often..
things that i'm starting to dislike about this forum compare to other is that whenever someone try to make a topic it get flamed to death by mods and closed asap.. you dont see many post lately of something of interest.. and if someone start something like "for next release i want..." it is asking for flaming dunno why.. we dont have liberty to post whatever we think, and the common answer is "you aren't allowed to request stuff to the emu devs." is the one specially i hate. does them all (the devs) enter here so often ? if so we arent asking them PERSONALLY, its just a forum, if they think its offensive then THEY can close a thread not other mods.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Burnpro said:
those ppl get banned soon.. there are mods around that like to push that "magical" ban button too often..
things that i'm starting to dislike about this forum compare to other is that whenever someone try to make a topic it get flamed to death by mods and closed asap.. you dont see many post lately of something of interest.. and if someone start something like "for next release i want..." it is asking for flaming dunno why.. we dont have liberty to post whatever we think, and the common answer is "you aren't allowed to request stuff to the emu devs." is the one specially i hate. does them all (the devs) enter here so often ? if so we arent asking them PERSONALLY, its just a forum, if they think its offensive then THEY can close a thread not other mods.
It's your opinion! In my opinion this is a great board with a superb community! If you handle the rules, use the search and be polite you will never have any problems! And you only will be banned if you are a f*cking leecher and asking the whole time for isos/roms etc or if you asking the whole time for a new version or do other annoying things, that's all and that's good imo!

Trotterwatch

Burnpro, if you have issues please take them to PMs. Thank you.

Edit//

I should mention that a large percentage of people who I've banned have had a friendly PM beforehand to inform them that rom requests are not allowed. I have then included instructions on how to remove their post. If the person reads the PM and doesn't act on it, then they will be banned.

Occassionally they'll reply with abuse, again no sleep lost.

If someone has a problem with something I do (assuming that some of BurnPro's anger was aimed at me) then PLEASE PM me where you will find I am more than reasonable.

Thanks

Last edited:

Slougi

Burnpro said:
if someone start something like "for next release i want..." it is asking for flaming dunno why.. we dont have liberty to post whatever we think, and the common answer is "you aren't allowed to request stuff to the emu devs." is the one specially i hate. does them all (the devs) enter here so often ? if so we arent asking them PERSONALLY, its just a forum, if they think its offensive then THEY can close a thread not other mods.

Of course you can suggest new features. The thing is that you cannot demand features. You have no right to do that, people make emulators for free after all.

DOGG

Yeah i agree. People who don't even take the time to read a few rules and make their first topic "where do i get roms" are just going to come back and make a second topic, "why doesnt game x work" or "how to increase FPS". These kinds of people can't work shit out for themselves and are complete idiots, thinking there's some magical solution for every issue they are having.

I too am sick of seeing threads with the most moronic questions one could imagine. While we may not be able to do anything, besides complain in threads such as this one, we can use this button to increase or decrease peoples' reputation.

reputation.gif

I don't think people are even aware of this. Just press the button under the poster's profile, enter a comment, select - or + and hit submit. Simple, and the people who post stupid shit all the time will get -rep. Not sure how this particular board works, but on certain other ones people get banned when they reach a certain -rep.

minkster

I think that emutalk does a very good job with people who break the rules ect. IMO emutalk has the least amount of spam/leechers compared to other popular forum sites. I don't think it is right though to bash down on somebody for not reading the rules like in this thread http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=258127#post258127 . Besides that keep up the good work mod's you sure do a hell of a lot of work to keep this forum neat and tidy :p