What's new

World Driver Championship

jump_ace

Hey all, first post and of course first question....

World Driver Championship, I have the 5.9.9 Rice Video Plug-In and the game does boot and I see someone else got a little further using nineteen64, can I get past this first boot, it just stays there or I get: Exception in emulation thread.....someone else on another site mentioned trying to use jabo rsp and it should work. Can someone kinda fill me in on what I need to have for plug-ins exactly? Thx in advance and happy holidays fellas!

jump_ace

mudlord

Banned
someone else on another site mentioned trying to use jabo rsp and it should work

Providing they have the correct version, of course (and a video plugin capable of outputting LLE graphics....). And no, the RSP plugin with PJ64 1.6 won't work..

Basically, I can't fully discuss a working config to this, because no public plugins support the game, yet, and as for the only way to get it to work, its a secret...:shifty:

Iconoclast

Not legally. A special version of an emulator at work.

Unless you're willing to pay for the problem to be fixed, to put things that way, there isn't really a way to support this game. But that's according to BigHead; to be honest, I haven't put that to the test yet. I'll work on it after I finish with my other work. I'm just too busy right now.

Iconoclast

The sound plugin doesn't make a difference in core processing.

Edit: Unless we're talking Sync Game to Audio-wise or something.

Iconoclast

Wow. I just checked out the game right now. Three things:
  1. mudlord: This secret graphics plugin you are talking about doesn't support the game. All graphics plugins crash when trying to start this game for different reasons. The reason for all of the decent graphics plugins, like Jabo's Direct3D and Glide64, is because they get a microcode crash when starting the game.
  2. The only working graphics plugin for this game is Rice's Video Plugin. Just turn of TMEM Emulation, and the text becomes visible. I'm still working on Nemu64's gfx plugin and seeing if that crashes or not, but other than that, Rice's is the only graphics plugin that stands a chance at this game.
  3. Not only is this game's graphics difficult to support, but it's audio. I just tried all audio plugins in existence, even zilmar's basic audio and TR64's, and the only two audio plugins that don't crash your emulator (regardless of which you're using) are Jabo's DirectSound and No Sound. Azimer's HLE, LLE, TR64, etc. ain't going to cut it.
I really enjoy testing games like this. Such fun. I'll let you all know whether or not this game is playable FOR SURE by the end of the day.

Iconoclast

Ah, nevermind. Got all excited about nothing. Turns out Rice's crashes after the logo part of the screen and mempak damaged screen. I've tried everything, rendering to texture, frame buffer support, frame update settings, TMEM, all kinds of stuff, and it just crashes. Even OpenGL on the plugin crashes. I guess the game is unplayable, at least until somebody releases a new version of Rice's.

mudlord

Banned
The reason for all of the decent graphics plugins, like Jabo's Direct3D and Glide64, is because they get a microcode crash when starting the game.

Maybe because they don't support the microcode used by the game (which is only fixable by reverse-engineering the graphics driver of the game & implementing support for it via HLE OR using a LLE-capable method.). This is the same for Dark Rift, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Stunt Racer 64 etc...

OP
J

jump_ace

Not legally. A special version of an emulator at work.

Unless you're willing to pay for the problem to be fixed, to put things that way, there isn't really a way to support this game. But that's according to BigHead; to be honest, I haven't put that to the test yet. I'll work on it after I finish with my other work. I'm just too busy right now.

So you mean using PJ1.7 right? And donate $20, heh heh....I'll wait for it to come out as VC game on my wii. I'll check back here from time to time to see if anyone has the knowledge of how to get it to work, time will tell. Thx for the input so far guys atleast I know I'm not doing something wrong, lol.

jump_ace

mudlord

Banned
So you mean using PJ1.7 right?

I guess thats what he means...

And donate $20, heh heh....I'll wait for it to come out as VC game on my wii.
Thats your perogative, but donating to PJ64 means much more than just getting a nice beta build of a emulator. You get to chat first hand to the PJ64 development team, be involved with a very nice & friendly community etc...

Last edited:
OP
J

jump_ace

Thats your perogative, but donating to PJ64 means much more than just getting a nice beta build of a emulator. You get to chat first hand to the PJ64 development team, be involved with a very nice & friendly community etc...

Good point :) Perhaps I'll do that, but maybe I'll ask if they have had any success running the game first.....

EDIT - Tried with 1.7, no go yet....

jump_ace

Last edited:

Iconoclast

No, Project64 1.7's graphics plugin doesn't support this game, either. You need a more mature plugin, like Rice's.

Really, though, game's unplayable. Nothing you can do about it, until somebody releases a new version of Rice's or something.