What's new

Windows Beeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greevy

Resident Emusician
Describe the problem:

Annoying Windows "beep" sound when playing a game, everytime you press a key and a Windows Explorer window is opened in the background of the emulator.

How to make this problem happen:

Open "My Computer", go to the 1964 folder, load 1964.exe, open a rom, all this without closing the explorer you used to get to the 1964 folder and putting the emulator in front of the window. Beep sounds will be heard.

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]:

Always.

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]:

A Minor Distraction.
(Since you can close the window behind the emulator to make it stop).

--------------------------
Greevy's test machine:

Windows XP French w/ SP1 & Latest updates.
AMD Duron 900Mhz
192 PC133 RAM
64MB ATi Radeon 9000 with Cat's 3.4
Onboard sound.

Rice

Emulator Developer
I guess you didn't have the focus on the 1964 window, but on the Windows Explorer. This shouldn't be a problem with 1964. The beep is from your Windows XP, not from 1964.

OP
Greevy

Greevy

Resident Emusician
Rice said:
I guess you didn't have the focus on the 1964 window, but on the Windows Explorer. This shouldn't be a problem with 1964. The beep is from your Windows XP, not from 1964.

Yes, I know that the beeping is from Windows XP. But I can assure you that the focus was on the 1964 window, not on the Windows Explorer.

Trotterwatch

I have the same problem (incredibly minor though it is), and as above the Window is definately focused. It's simply a case of alt tabbing to another window or other somesuch action to fix.

Just an odd bug rather than anything show stopping.

Flash

Technomage
Easy solution - go to Help/About menu, then press ok - kinda stupid but works :)

Anyway not a most important bug to fix.

schibo

Emulator Developer
- Which input plugin are you using ?

- What combination of keys makes it beep?

- Is it a pc speaker beep or is it a wav file sound?

Flash

Technomage
schibo said:
- Which input plugin are you using ?
NRage's, Jabo's - no difference

- What combination of keys makes it beep?
Combination ? Any button (for example, "S" button (start - i use "classic" UHLE layout for testing)

- Is it a pc speaker beep or is it a wav file sound?
wav sound (Windows "ding")

schibo

Emulator Developer
mightyrocket said:
Same problem here, so it's a real bug!

This bug is fixed in Patch 2003-09-30. Please download and confirm it with a reply in here :). I already have a confirmation from gent that this is fixed, but another confirmation couldn't hurt. After that we can close this thread to indicate that the bug is gone.

schibo

Emulator Developer
Ok well I've read a couple confirmations on this, so this thread will be closed. If I hear otherwise, it will be reopened. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.