What's new

wierd..........

si_ok

i don't know if this is a problem with my pc alone, or whether or not this is universal. i just found out that in 1964, zelda mm time's passes faster that pj64! this is a problem with minigames such as the beaver race (try winning it on 1964 - i believe its impossible :) no matter what you do)... but not impossible in pj64....... in fact very easy :). now this means that the 1964 internal core clock runs faster than pj64 (at least for me it does......) which is a small problem, making games that use the clock almost impossible to beat.

it'd be nice to have a variable clock system for 1964........... just a thought.....

Clements

Although I haven't checked this you're probably right, but I find more often than not I find 1964's timing to be superior to PJ64's, for example using 1964, Banjo-Kazooie's and Mystical Ninja's intro are both in sync with the audio, whereas PJ64 messes this up and goes out of sync. In this particular instance, the reverse is true.

scotty

The Great One
It works both ways Clements, I know that Turok 2 on 1964 works excessively faster when it is explaining the level you are entering. I know that Goldeneye would be slow if you have a slow processor, but Turok 2, im not sure about 3 does move a bit faster than it should.

Lets hope the new version fixes this

schibo

Emulator Developer
scotty said:
It works both ways Clements, I know that Turok 2 on 1964 works excessively faster when it is explaining the level you are entering. I know that Goldeneye would be slow if you have a slow processor, but Turok 2, im not sure about 3 does move a bit faster than it should.

Lets hope the new version fixes this

Try Changing the counter factor CF=3 or CF=1.

C

catewauler

Very simple

Catewauler online:

It´s wonderful, to listen the wise words from the master of emulation again on the forum...

A great advice, i was lookin´for it too.

Thanks Schibo.

Great job.... 1964 is the best.

quadracer200

Me too

si_ok said:
i don't know if this is a problem with my pc alone, or whether or not this is universal. i just found out that in 1964, zelda mm time's passes faster that pj64! this is a problem with minigames such as the beaver race (try winning it on 1964 - i believe its impossible :) no matter what you do)... but not impossible in pj64....... in fact very easy :). now this means that the 1964 internal core clock runs faster than pj64 (at least for me it does......) which is a small problem, making games that use the clock almost impossible to beat.

it'd be nice to have a variable clock system for 1964........... just a thought.....
I also noticed this problem and in fact got stuck when I had to run the hot water from the graveyard....I'm very glad you noticed this so I didn't have to look stupid :p my question, however, is this. Is there any way to change the CF a rom loads with without affecting the way others load at the same time? because zelda MM loads with auto CF 2. this is way too fast....but cf 3 works perfect....I don't know much about CF's but when I manually set it to 3 (which is 2x1 half rate) it works and I think the auto CF that it loads in is 1x1 full rate....what's the difference in full and half rates?

quadracer200

wanna fill me in? mebbe I don't know how to search the forums good enough...but either way this the only post on the topic I can find....I just need an answer, not trying to make ppl mad or nothing