What's new

Why do I always see the CD Player in Chankast? (even w/Utopia boot disc)

SofaKng

I've tried using Daemon Tools v3.29 but it simply won't work for me. I keep getting bluescreens and other error messages... I've tried looking for help on the official Daemon Tools forums but every message says "v3.29 is an old release and is no longer supported..."

So, I'm using the latest version of Daemon Tools.

Every disc image I use (including the Utopia boot disc) just brings me to the CD player in Chankast.

Can I do anything else to get this working? (I'm trying to play Skies of Arcadia specifically; and yes, I've tried patching it which seems to work but I still get the CD Player screen...)

OP
S

SofaKng

Apparantly Chankast is the better emulator for this game...

Anyways, I've figured out my problem (it was a bad dreamcast bios), but now I'm trying to figure out how to limit Chankast to 30 fps (original Skies of Arcadia speed)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
but now I'm trying to figure out how to limit Chankast to 30 fps (original Skies of Arcadia speed)
You can't. Besides, many games have an internal fps that is slower than the NTSC or PAL signal. Just because an emulator might say that a games runs at 60fps doesn't necessarily mean that the game really runs on that speed.