What's new

Why Direct64 "ALPHA" ????

Hal

Bartman
Just a quick thought, direct 64 has already surpassed most plugins when it comes to speed, graphics, and amount of errors, so why not take of the "ALPHA" and just make it Direct 64?

xamenus

Because it's still in alpha stages. :p

I don't think Orkin has fully tested it yet to verify that it is stable, etc. Just wait until Orkin updates the plugin again. :)

OP
Hal

Hal

Bartman
An Alpha version is defined as an early verson with supposudly MANY bugs, I have found tons of more bugs in plugins that have been going on for years, remember Dadelus. Plus, he has had a couple of relases, unlike most alpha versions.

BountyJedi

well i know of one bug in the newest versions though its the little nasty bug of not working orkinsampling and overscan =P
ah well its playable without it but better keep both one with working and the newest causeyou might want the newest for some games and the older for some other gammes (zelda:mm)
also compatibility isnt very high yet

OP
Hal

Hal

Bartman
BountyJedi said:
well i know of one bug in the newest versions though its the little nasty bug of not working orkinsampling and overscan =P
ah well its playable without it but better keep both one with working and the newest causeyou might want the newest for some games and the older for some other gammes (zelda:mm)
also compatibility isnt very high yet
True, so Im assuming that he will someday relase an non "ALPHA" version, don't mean to bug anyone, but any set dates?

minkster

Hal said:
Just a quick thought, direct 64 has already surpassed most plugins when it comes to speed, graphics, and amount of errors, so why not take of the "ALPHA" and just make it Direct 64?

all i no is direct64 duznt work on my graphics card, but has it surpassed speed? because i no gln64 is slow but never got direct64 to work :whistling

BountyJedi

well direct64 is a little slow due to pixelshaders although i get it to work on fullspeed in 1964 with zelda mm and the most stuff although in pj64 its slower for some reason (cant tell why but it is =p)

also without framelimit i get about 70 fps with zelda oot so its a little slow as with other plugins i get around 100 fps with my radeon 9800pro