What's new

Whats The Best?

JamesBebby

Hi, What emulator should i run to play goldeneye on, I've try a few be most are very slow and glitchy, Maybe the setting are wrong i dont know .

I have a dell laptop 2.2GHZ 4GB RAM 512MB Video Card oh yeah and the USB controller thingy!

Cant wait to play this timeless classic once again!!!
Cheers James

Clements

I'd recommend either Project64 or 1964 for Goldeneye. 1964 is faster at emulating Goldeneye than PJ64, and has a few extra speed options available to it. You might want to try Pistolgrip's modified 1964 for Goldeneye to eliminate the poor framerate that existed on the real hardware, to give 60fps at all times, at the expense of increasing the requirements somewhat.

For video plugins, I'd recommend Glide64 (with the included wrapper) for the best graphical experience, although it is pretty demanding on the video card. You might be alright if your laptop card is fairly recent so I'd give it a try. The reason why I'd recommend it is that it renders the sky and sea more or less correctly and is pretty much as good as it gets for this game.

If it is too slow for you, try using Jabo's D3D6 1.5.2 or Jabo's D3D8 1.6. Not much of a difference between these two with Goldeneye - you won't have the sky rendered correctly or the sea in Frigate - so you'll see black (D38) or blue (D36) skies in the levels, but the performance is much better with older graphics cards.

OP
J

JamesBebby

Hi, Thanks for the heads up!

I've gone for Glide64 because it runs the best, the only problem is it doesn't have my screen resolution which is 1440 x 900.

Im using Mupen64 i would change to 1964 or PJ64 but i've already got a save im on Depot on 00 agent. Don't want to do it all again.

Thanks James

Clements

Sure, no problem. It may be possible to use your save with 1964/PJ64 if you rename the eep file in the saves directory to the format that they recognise, but sometimes the save is still not picked up, and I think Goldeneye might be one of those games. Might be worth a try anyway.

FenIgnogs

Whats The Best

Whats the best character Who thinks they have the best character possible in the game If you do put here its Class if custom tell me all the things that make it up and its birthsign. Oh, and lets not forget the Race.