What's new

what's the best emulator out there for GBA?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Better, how? You can't get them any better than what the GBA graphics are or what the different (included graphics filters, such as 2XSai or HQxx) can give.

In other words, there is really nothing wrong with the graphics.

Last edited:

Ody

VBA Link is currently the best emulator in terms of game compatibility and features (including linking). The recommended version for most roms is 1.7.3, although you may need to use version 1.8.0b0 for certain roms.

OP
R

realworksuks

Better, how? You can't get them any better than what the GBA graphics are or what the different (included graphics filters, such as 2XSai or HQxx) can give.

In other words, there is really nothing wrong with the graphics.

Whoa dude, HQXX? Sweet, which emulator has this? I must have an old version of visual boy advance if it now provides HQxx, what emulator or version has that filter???

FistOfFury

Which are/is the fastest GBA emulator(s)? I've always used VBA but have difficulty running some games (high CPU usage or even 100%)

Last edited:

emuslicker

Which are/is the fastest GBA emulator(s)? I've always used VBA but have difficulty running some games (high CPU usage or even 100%)

try no$gba emulator. its written in assembly language (i think), so its suppose to consume less cpu usage. but my cpu is always at 100% with whatever emulator i use.

one advantage of no$gba is that the colors show up exactly as how they should. it makes the graphics look so much better and clearer than visualboy. another advantage over visualboy is that no$gba maps the analog stick of my xbox 360 ontroller as well as the + controls.

Miretank

Lurking
I'm kinda skeptical about that. :p I have tried no$gba few times and it already got me stressed. :S So I just stick up with VBA.

spotanjo3

I'm kinda skeptical about that. :p I have tried no$gba few times and it already got me stressed. :S So I just stick up with VBA.

Really ? That's odd because I used both VBA and no$gba and I am very happy with both. The reason I used the both because no$gba emulated gba/GBC/GB and NDS and VBA emulated GBA/GBC and GBC. I do not have the preference since both authors are doing a great jobs. That's why I used the both at any time I want to play with a new games..mostly GBA and NDS. :)

SonGoku1905

I'm using various builds including Spacy's VBA Build, VbaSmooth and nocashgba for various games.I don't think there is a simple 'the best' emu there for gba.

the master 123

I personity like vba because of it interface and speed. I only go to 50% so I assuming that it isn't multithread. Does anyone know any multithread emulators for 4 player support on a computer.

spotanjo3

I personally liked VBA and no$gba..no preference here. I used both for the differents reasons, that's all. :)

Black Knight

well hi! I found a site 3roms.com with VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta2. It has 2 brilliant filters like hq2x andiq2x the graphics are a lot better with these filters. but these filters work in 2x or 3x windows of GBA

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Oh Goodness, don't post links to rom sites that works! You don't need to specify where you got it.

smcd

It doesn't work, you have to copy & paste! :p Saw it earlier but couldn't be arsed to say "no no, that'll get you banned!"

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The latest "official" version of VisualBoy Advance is 1.7.2. AFAIK, Forgotten hasn't worked on it since.