What's new

What happened to the 0.51 source!?

OP
V

Viper187666

Huh? The last official release of Mupen 64 was like 3 years ago! Last version was 0.5 for linux and 0.5.1 for Windows, but only the 0.5 Windows sources seems to be available. What gives?

and btw, the old Mupen site says specifically to download the source from this forum. There's no mention of anywhere else ot get it. I'm not interested in Mupen Plus, as there doesn't appear to be a regular Win32 API port. It's all Gtk. Although, I haven't seen any source releases for the windows build on the main downloads page for it, so I can't be sure.

Last edited:

Pyromanik

if you want the most recent source, you want to be getting it from the svn

There is no mupen64 svn that I know of, you're confusing it with Mupen64Plus I think.

Viper<numbers>:
The 0.5.1 was a very minimal patch to fix a few very small windows related issues (probably GUI or DLL loading related, as the changes never filtered through to any other system).
There is no 0.5.1 source code. Maybe the fixes were combined in the release of the 0.5 source. In either case the core emulation is the same. Your issue is a non-issue.

You are correct enough in your thinking.
Mupen64Plus has had most of the win32 specific code stripped from it, but windows ports are currently being worked on. Current focus in that area is on a Qt interface. Not that the end user will be able to tell, it looks like native windows.

Last edited:
OP
V

Viper187666

Viper<numbers>:
The 0.5.1 was a very minimal patch to fix a few very small windows related issues (probably GUI or DLL loading related, as the changes never filtered through to any other system).
There is no 0.5.1 source code. Maybe the fixes were combined in the release of the 0.5 source. In either case the core emulation is the same. Your issue is a non-issue.

Well, 0.5.1 got a new icon as well. That's not in the source release, so I would doubt the changes were. In any case, thanks for the info.

newtech

Banned
specifically to download the source

the old Mupen site says specifically to download the source from this forum. There's no mention of anywhere else ot get it. I'm not interested in Mupen Plus, as there doesn't appear to be a regular Win32 API port. It's all Gtk. Although, I haven't seen any source releases for the windows