What's new

What do you think about the US F1 GP??

Knuckles

At this time... most of you that actually are "still" watching the US F1 GP.... what do u think of what happens?

On my side I find that a stupid joke. the FIA should have done what the teams wanted . Personnally, I think they did a good decision to not race due to the drivers security....

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Well i feel happy for Christian Albers, at least he finishes a GP and collects a few points.
But overall i don't think this race has been fair, but it's michelin too blame.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
It's a shame what the FIA did... 6 crappy cars... and the f*ckest thing ever was the commentaries of Schumacher in the interview...

2fast4u

fucking ridiculous... for one thing imo michelin is to blame of course but these things have happened to other tire manufactors in the past and solved. now i just cant understand what the hell the fia was thinking when they didnt allow the michelin teams to change the tires. sacrifice the race just to keep to the rules book? i cant even try to imagine what americans think about formula1 now...

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
The FIA said the rule couldn't be broken so that the teams don't use qualification only tires in the future... Then i don't get why the michelin teams couldn't change their tires and loose the benefit of their qualifications (start after all bridgestone teams)...

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Well. Where to begin?

For the record, I did watch the whole race, but that is only because I am possibly the worlds biggest F1 nut. Anyway, what a disgrace. Very shoddy from Michelin, and as much as I hate Ferrari/Schumacher, I don't blame them for racing. At the end of the day, the tyre problem had fuck all to do with them, so why should they be compromised.

I think we can safely say goodbye to F1 in America, and goodbye to Michelin in F1 at the end of the season.

(As a side note, I was made up for Monterio. Thought he drove very well, a lot better than his team-mate and the Minardi's, and deserved his first podium finish.)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Btw, Hax, if they did change the tyres, then they would of broken about 5 different FIA rules all at once - and even then there would of been no guarentee for safety.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Yea, i've read today that spain's tyres weren't safe enough anyway. The point is not whether it's breaking the rules or not... imo they should have found a solution to have a safe race with all cars while being sure michelin's team don't take any advantage of the situation...

It's not the first time a tyre manufacturer give unsafe tyres (i'm especially thinking about good year during the 80s) but it's the first time the manufacturer take his responsabilities and say it publicly.

I'm not sure f1 is dead in the US... Indy organizators said they still want a US GP next year. It's attracting less people than the other races but the people who come there are ready to spend a lot of money. They said it benefits more the 500 miles to the local economy. I'm sure this year's race will hurt but i'm not sure it'll be enough to kill this GP.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I hope it doesn't kill off Indy because it is an awesome track - and a part of motoracing history.

Anyway, roll on France and lets get back to business.