What's new

What are the REAL minimum system requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconKing

I downloaded and installed Dolphin and I must sa, I'ts work great! I can also run a game, and that without any porblems:bouncy: But, of course everyone know it, the fps are bloody bad on my computer! Well, ist working with 4-12 fps, so I'm really a loser. However, so I plan to buy me a new computer on next summer, and I want to have a computer who I can use Dolphin with an normally fps. So my question is: What are the REAL minimum system requirements for Dolphin? The regular mnimum system requirements fpr Dolphin are this:

CPU: The fastest you can get your dirty hands on :)
Graphics card: DX9 level, preferably Radeon 9500+ but Geforce FX should work too.
Sound card: Any Windows-compatible soundcard should do.
Windows version: 2000/XP or higher recommended, should work on 98/Me too.
DirectX version: DirectX9c or higher.
Memory: 256MB is recommended.

Well, maybe I want to play Tetris for the gamecube, but not games like Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 2 or Tales of Symphonia! However, I've read in another thread that a guy have a computer with system requirements which there, I use a quotation from maximius: bloody crazy! It's from this thread, which is created by Sercio, the happy one who had the "forbidden system requirements":

CPU:AMD 64 X2 4800+ Dualcore CPU 2 x 2.4GHz
RAM: 2GB OCZ Gold GX Edition DDR 400
Memory: 160 GB S-ATA2
Graphics card:2 x XFX Extreme Gamer 7800GT

And Sercio saids that with this system requirements ha can play gamecube games wiht Dolphin wiht 30-40 fps! Thats amazing, isn't it?

Aftar all, so I see that it ins't impossible to have a computer who can run dolphin with a fps which is "ok". So there is my question to everyone of you:

In theory, what must be the minimun system requirements which can zun games wiht 40-60 fps? It must be better than the system requirements from Sercio, but I think thats obvious, right? So community, post your suggestions.

PS: sorry if that thread is a lttle bit too long and my, bad language, but I come from germany, just like Sercio XD.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you want to have a computer that runs Dolphin "at normal" speed (regardles of how graphics -intensive the games are), you should wait at least 3 years. Or 4. Or maybe more.

Last edited:
But can't Dolphin be optimized more? Or at least be rewritten in a diferent language or architecture?
Fires doesn't want to do that. Maybe he's lazy, he doesn't have any skills, or he's just wanting us to kill ourselves. And even with a dualcore cpu or lotsa memory, ya can't play a game other than Bust a Move with 40fps.

Sercio

@ the Amigo from Germany!

Yes you need a fast Hardware ... but not like mine!
Your cpu speed is important! The Gpu is not so important! I do not believe dolphin supported 7800gtx shader model 3 featrues! Dolphin uses a simple program structure one big requirement needs! Nevertheless, is dolphin one best programme one can find! Real gamecube plays will be playable at the earliest from 1 year. Till then my computer is certainly already the subclass;-)
If not everyone should believe me then I ask him for it here no discussion to start whether mine is really so hard computer!
I do not want to must go with you therefore to quarrels whether or if ..., so, my old thread was closed already!
Maybe I open in the future new thread while I this time some rule does not settle with it admins it are made close...
But maybe;-)

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Sercio said:
@ the Amigo from Germany!

Yes you need a fast Hardware ... but not like mine!
Your cpu speed is important! The Gpu is not so important! I do not believe dolphin supported 7800gtx shader model 3 featrues! Dolphin uses a simple program structure one big requirement needs! Nevertheless, is dolphin one best programme one can find! Real gamecube plays will be playable at the earliest from 1 year. Till then my computer is certainly already the subclass;-)
If not everyone should believe me then I ask him for it here no discussion to start whether mine is really so hard computer!
I do not want to must go with you therefore to quarrels whether or if ..., so, my old thread was closed already!
Maybe I open in the future new thread while I this time some rule does not settle with it admins it are made close...
But maybe;-)

Sercio's post explains most stuff quite well. The newest GFX card won't give you much performance increase.

Sercio: Your topic got closed due all offtopic/lame replies it got, not because of you.

BUT:
I'm closing this thread because we're getting these kind of questions over and over again...

this-thread-sucks-billboard.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.