What's new

what are the best rom property settings and video plugins to use for these games?

simsx_blade

using 1964 0.9.9

Mario kart 64
Mario party
mario party 2
mario party 3
mario 64

i have: amd athlon 2800+ xp, windows xp home, ge-force fx 5950 ultra graphics card, 1 gb ddr ram.

gandalf

Member ready to help
MArio KArt: all plug-ins
Mario64 : Direct 64 or rice Video 5.6.0
All mario partys: try with rice video 5.6.0

OP
S

simsx_blade

ok i use rice 5.6.0 with mario kart but it's going pretty slow exspecially on the big levels.
mario 64 is also a bit sluggish
with mario party when i use rice with that the text is all yellow and hard to read plus it goes slow?

what rom settings should i use?

jdsony

simsx_blade said:
ok i use rice 5.6.0 with mario kart but it's going pretty slow exspecially on the big levels.
mario 64 is also a bit sluggish
with mario party when i use rice with that the text is all yellow and hard to read plus it goes slow?

what rom settings should i use?

Slow? Wow it shouldn't be slow on your system. At the bottom of the emulator window it should say 60VI/s if it's running at full speed. What do you get when playing Mario Kart or Mario 64? Also have you tried in full screen and windowed mode to see if the speed seems the same both ways? I find Rice's Video plugin varies from system to system, might want to give Jabo's Video plugin a try to see if the plugin is the issue.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Are you sure you're changing the right plugin? Jabo has plugins for audio, video and input. If you change the audio plugin to Jabo's you will not get sound unless you use an external RSP plugin with it like the one that comes with PJ64.

OP
S

simsx_blade

Qun Mang said:
Are you sure you're changing the right plugin? Jabo has plugins for audio, video and input. If you change the audio plugin to Jabo's you will not get sound unless you use an external RSP plugin with it like the one that comes with PJ64.

huh??

OP
S

simsx_blade

ok i've got all these games working good. except for donkey kong 64 it refuses to work no matter what plugin i use! i hope it will be playable in the next release of 1964.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
simsx_blade said:

I was replying to his post above me about him getting no sound when using Jabo's plugin. Since they were talking of trying different video plugins I assumed he was trying to use Jabo's video plugin and may have been changing the audio plugin instead.

OP
S

simsx_blade

no when i use jabos sound plugin i get no sound at all. i have to use schibos' it works however there is a bit of static in the sound on all games.

revl8er

That Damn Good
To get Jabo's sound to work you need to copy the RSP.dll from your pj64 plugin directory to your 1964 plugin directory and then select it in the Default RSP emulation. For DK64 I believe that Rice's plugin works the best, but you need to set the counter factor to a different setting, but I can't remember the exact settings but if you search the forum then you should find numerous threads about getting dk64 working.

riles9262

My dissident is here...
And for dk64, for me, you have to run it in window mode for it to run good. It is very glitchy in full screen.

OP
S

simsx_blade

gandalf said:
Go to PLugins>change plug-ins,on the bottom you find a box to change the rsp plug-in

damn when i did that my computer went nuts! about 20 windows kepy popping up saying my video card wasn't getting enough power. i had to shut down. screw it i'll put up with the static!